Communication Sciences and Disorders Program Application Information
APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Application Opens: October 1st
Deadline for Priority Consideration: JANUARY 15th
Applications submitted after the Priority Deadline will be accepted and reviewed until seats are full.
Students who wish to enroll in the Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD) major coursework must meet minimum standards and submit a secondary application for admission. Fulfillment of the minimum standards and submission of the required materials DOES NOT guarantee admission to the CSD major. Applicants will be notified of their admission status in writing.
Applications will be reviewed January 15th, 2023. Students can expect a response by March 15th, 2023.
Application Materials Checklist:
The minimum standards and requirements are listed below:
- GVSU Admissions Undergraduate Application (only required for students who are not currently GVSU students). Students must be admitted to Grand Valley State University prior to the program application deadline.
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA after completing 45 college credits.
- CSD Secondary Program Application (see blue button above) - Please Note: Plan to fully complete and submit this online application in one sitting as it cannot be saved to return to later.
- Statement of Professional Goals - Explain why you want to be a speech language pathologist or audiologist, and identify preliminary area(s) of interest or specialization. (attach to application)
- No earned bachelor's degree prior to starting CSD coursework.
- Official and updated copies of ALL non-GVSU transcripts must be sent directly to the GVSU Admissions Office at:
Grand Valley State University
Attn: Admissions Office
1 Campus Drive - 150 STU
Allendale, MI 49401
For those applicants not currently enrolled at GVSU or have not yet taken GVSU classes, you should meet with a CHP academic advisor as soon as possible to review your transfer course equivalencies and program eligibility. Go to our CHP Student Services Office website or call our office at (616) 331-5900 to set up a prospective student advising appointment.
All program application materials must be submitted by January 15 (for priority consideration), preferably attached to the electronic application or via email: [email protected]
If mailing materials is necessary, materials must be postmarked by January 15 (for priority consideration).
College of Health Professions - Student Services
Grand Valley State University
301 Michigan St NE, Suite #113
Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3314
Questions about admissions and applications?
Call the CHP Student Services Office at (616) 331-5900 or email Latrice Jones at [email protected]
Further questions about admissions and applications can be directed to Professor Josie Fowler, [email protected].
Questions about the undergraduate programs can be directed to Dr. Wil Rankinen, [email protected].
The College of Health Professions (CHP) Student Services Office (SSO) in collaboration with CHP faculty and staff provides academic advising, admissions, and other student services to future and current undergraduate and graduate students in support of their academic, professional and personal development on the campus and within the greater community.