Tech Committee & Resources
CECI Tech Committee
The CECI Technology Committee provides opportunities for CECI faculty and staff to learn about and introduce technologies and supporting pedagogies through professional development. To this end, the CECI Technology Committee seeks to contribute to the training of faculty and staff to better prepare the current and future professionals that we serve.
Big Byte Meetings
2022-2023 Meeting Agendas:
Big Byte Workshops
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
CECI Technology Committee Meetings
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
121E DEV for those attending in person.
Zoom is available for those needing to attend virtually.
Big Bytes are workshops focused on the use of technology to support teaching and learning. Prior to each workshop, zoom links will be sent to all CECI faculty and staff via e-mail.
- November 29, 2022:
- November 1, 2022: Hypothesis
- September 27, 2022: Active learning classrooms, CECI eStudio, and Hyflex-Hybrid
- March 23, 2022: Writing questions and using protocols to elicit higher-order thinking in all course modalities
- February 23, 2022: Bb Module Show and Tell - Group Discussion: Walk us through a week in your course
- January 26, 2022: Active Learning Classrooms: Research and Practical Application
- December 13, 2021: Hyflex (Dual Modality) Instruction - Tools and ideas for teaching in 2 environments simultaneously
- November 15, 2021: What do adult learners want post-pandemic in online learning
- October 19, 2021: What I learned about teaching in a pandemic!
- March 24, 2021: Facilitating Group Work online using asynchronous tools
- February 24, 2021: Zoom Tools
- March 11, 2020: Flip It!
DeVos 421C: CECI E-Studio
The E-Studio is 421C DeVos. The College of Education was the first college at GVSU to provide a digital studio and a dedicated GA for faculty and staff, connected to digital studio needs as well as support using/implementing various technologies. The Digital studio is also looking forward to serving an increased number of faculty in the new College of Education and Community Innovation in the upcoming academic year.
DeVos 121E: Active Learning Classroom
This room has a 2 camera system by 1beyond that allows the instructor to pan, tilt, or zoom (PTZ) the camera in several different preset locations, or take manual control. With 2 cameras (1 at the front and 1 at the back) the instructor can choose the best angle to share with remote students through Zoom. The camera facing the front of the room can be set to "automagically" track the instructor as they move around at the front of the classroom.
Student and instructor audio is picked up with an advanced multi-microphone array in the ceiling. This allows a remote student or guest speaker to hear students in the classroom, while also seeing the classroom or the instructor more clearly using the 2 PTZ cameras.
The classroom has 4 display screens (2 at the front and 1 at the back) for which the instructor can share content or a Zoom thumbnail grid so that in class students could see remote students.
For scheduling purposes, CECI has first dibs on this room. Contact your Academic Department Coordinator to schedule the room.