Brooks College Advising Center
The month of January will bring an exciting new transition for our office! The office has reorganized and will become exclusively an advising center. You will see a new name, Brooks College Advising Center, new web address: www.gvsu.edu/brooksadvising and email: email@example.com. The advising center will be moving upstairs in Lake Michigan Hall to room 260, where we will be sharing office space with the Office of Sustainability Practices. Troy VanKoevering, our new PSS, will welcome you to the new office.
We might have a new name, but we will continue to serve students by providing timely and accurate academic advising. Need to make an appointment? Just email: firstname.lastname@example.org, call our office at 616-331-8200, M-F, 8-4 or use Navigate to schedule an appointment.
Integrative Learning has now transitioned to the IRIS Department, aligning more closely with the departments' INT 100/201 class requirements. Do you need to request the INT 100/201 designation for your event? click on the IRIS Dept. Link.
Looking to register for classes, switch your major, plan your academic program or need to find out about an internship? Whatever your concern, we are happy to help! To make an advising appointment with Jennifer Getting Jameslyn, our Director/Advisor, just click on the Schedule An Appointment bar below.
Welcome back to Winter semester from Brooks Advising!
It has been wonderful to connect with so many students over the Fall through email, phone, and zoom. With the Winter 2021 semester getting underway soon, here are a couple of important updates:
- All of our advising appointments for Winter 2021 will be virtual: we can connect with you via email, phone, and Zoom.
- If you have a quick question, go ahead and send Jen an email, email@example.com ! Many advising questions can be addressed over email. We strive to return emails within 48 hours, and often we are faster than that. We will also use email to follow up after appointments to connect you to campus resources or clarify information. We know it can be hard to keep track of all the info in a phone or zoom convo.
- If you need more in-depth info, conversation, or support, you can schedule an advising appointment using Navigate, GVSU’s new student support software. The link is on our website: https://www.gvsu.edu/brooksadvising
- You can also schedule over the phone Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 p.m. Call (616) 331-8200 and Troy will help you schedule an appointment. You can also cancel and reschedule appointments over the phone!
- You can choose whether you want your appointment to be phone or zoom. If you choose phone, Jen will call you at your scheduled time. If you choose Zoom, you will receive a follow up email with a link for the Zoom meeting.
- To make sure we have the most up to date information on file, please make sure your myProfile is updated with your current phone number so that we can easily reach you. You can find this information when you log into Banner, under Personal Information.
- We will NOT be offering walk in advising or face to face advising appointments this Winter. If you stop in to our office, we can help you schedule an appointment at the next available time, but we won’t be able to meet with you, even for quick questions. Email is a better option for those conversations.
Advising will look and feel different this year, like many of our GVSU experiences. But we are still here to support you! Our mission and values haven’t changed, even if our ways of connecting have. Your personal, professional, and academic development and fulfillment matter to us. Please don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment or to reach out by phone or email if you have questions or concerns.
Jennifer Getting Jameslyn
- Director of the Office of Integrative Learning and Advising
- Brooks College Professional Advisor