Brooks College Scholarships and Funds
There are many ways to support the students and programs of the Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies. Students seeking financial support can find information about applying to these and other scholarships at Financial Aid's Scholarship Database.
Brooks College Scholarships and Funds
- Brooks College Scholarship for Study Abroad: Assists students in the Brooks College or Frederik Meijer Honors College in studying abroad. An endowed fund.
- Brooks College Study Away Scholarship: To assist student participants in domestic, high-impact study-away programs that are run by the Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies or a Brooks College program. Programs include immersion programs such as the “Semester in Detroit” or an internship working for an NGO in Chicago.
- Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies Fund: This fund provides annual support for Brooks College students and programs in the areas of highest need.
- Padnos/Sarosik Endowed Professorship of Civil Discourse: Prepare students to be leaders in promoting civil discourse in West Michigan.
- Rowe S3 Fellowship: Student Summer Scholars program with research in Philosophy, Integrative Studies, or Religious Studies.
Fred Meijer Center for Writing and Michigan Authors
Honors College Scholarships and Funds
More information can be found at the Honors College website.
- Arend D. and Nancy Lubbers Honors College Scholarship: Benefits exceptional students enrolled in the Frederik Meijer Honors College. An endowed fund.
- Callahan Honors Senior Research Program Endowment: Assists students in the Frederik Meijer Honors College with senior project research or work. An endowed fund.
- Ruth Chamberlain Global Issues Scholarship: Support for students with a research or career interest in earth changing phenomena and/or population change and identifying solutions to minimize resulting problems. An endowed fund.
- Frederik Meijer Honors College Service-Learning Endowment: Provides financial assistance for students and faculty engaged in service-learning activities in the Frederik Meijer Honors College. An endowed fund.
- Jeff (Dr. J") Chamberlain Meijer Honors College Alumni Endowed Scholarship: This fund is to assist students and promote diversity in the Frederik Meijer Honors College.
- Honors College Service Learning Fund: Helps to subsidize costs for local and global service-learning opportunities for Honors students.
- Honors Program Enrichment Fund: Underwrites the cost of field trips and other special educational opportunities for Honors students. An endowed fund.
- Jonathan & Marcia White Honors Scholarship: A scholarship for Honors students who are particularly interested in pursuing a career in some aspect of National Security. An endowed fund.
- Meijer First Generation Honors Scholarship: Provides "full-ride" scholarships to Honors students who are the first in their immediate family to go to college. An endowed fund.
Integrative Learning Scholarships and Funds
Kutsche Office of Local History Endowment and Funds
More information can be found at the Kutsche Office of Local History website.
- Kutsche Office of Local History Endowment: Supports the Office of Local History and its public history programs for students, faculty and practitioners in the communities Grand Valley State University serves.
- Kutsche Office of Local History Fund: The Kutsche Office of Local History supports local history and cultural heritage institutions, organizations, and practitioners in West Michigan through expertise, networking, and collaborative projects.
- Kutsche Special Projects Fund
Lake Michigan Writing Project Funds
Latin American Studies Fund
Padnos International Center Scholarships and Funds
More information can be found at the Padnos International Center website.
- Barbara Padnos International Scholarship: Assists students planning to study abroad for an entire year, with preference given to students studying in the arts and humanities. An endowed fund.
- Haiti Scholarship Endowment: Supports "rising stars" from Haitian high schools who, without financial support, would not be able to pursue higher education in the United States. An endowed fund.
- Murray International Travel Endowment: Established to provide assistance for international travel to students who would not otherwise be able to afford to study abroad. An endowed fund.
- Global Programs Endowed Scholarship: To support students on a faculty-led study-abroad program.
Sustainability Scholarships and Funds
More information can be found at the Sustainability website.
- Dave Feenstra Sustainable Agriculture Project Internship Fund: Fund provides financial support for one or more students to work on SAP projects in Feenstra's special areas of interest that benefit the SAP and meet learning goals of the student.
- Nichols Sustainability Scholarship: Established to encourage students to become involved with campus and community sustainability efforts and reward those students who are committed to environmental, social and fiscal responsibility. An endowed fund.
- Student Sustainability Endowment Fund: Fund provides student sustainable development internships on campus and in the community that focus on environmental, economic and social impacts. An endowed fund.
- Sustainable Agriculture Project Fund: Fund provides resources to further develop the education and practice of sustainable food systems on a 1 acre plot in Allendale. Established in 2008 for faculty, staff, students, and the local community.
- Sustainability Leadership Fund: Established for corporate donors, businesses, foundations, and other charitable organizations to contribute funds for ongoing sustainability programs and activities both on campus and the community.
Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Scholarships and Funds
More information can be found at the Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies website.
- Jean Enright Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Scholarship: Established in honor of Jean Enright, this fund benefits students in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- Enright Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Endowment: Benefits students minoring in Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies. Established in honor of Jean Enright.
- Kathleen Underwood Endowed S3 Fellowship: This fund assists students who participate in the Student Summer Scholars (S3) Program and who are conducting research in issues of social inequality in women, gender, and sexuality studies and/or history.