The Brooks College Office of Integrative Learning and Advising
The Brooks College Office of Integrative Learning and Advising offers many services to the students, staff, and faculty at GVSU including; Advising for Brooks College, Co-Curriculum Program Designations, INT 100/201 Calendar, and Brooks College Student Services. Our office is the first of its kind to merge two distinct areas: Integrative Learning and Advising.
Looking to register for classes, switch your major, plan your academic program or need to find out about an internship? Whatever your concern, we are happy to help! To make an advising appointment with Jennifer Getting Jameslyn, our Director/Advisor, just click on the Schedule An Appointment bar below.
Welcome back to Fall semester from Brooks Advising!
It has been wonderful to connect with so many students over the summer through email, phone, and zoom. With Fall semester getting underway, here are a couple of important updates:
- All of our advising appointments for Fall 2020 will be virtual: we can connect with you via email, phone, and Zoom.
- If you have a quick question, go ahead and send Jen an email, email@example.com ! Many advising questions can be addressed over email. We strive to return emails within 48 hours, and often we are faster than that. We will also use email to follow up after appointments to connect you to campus resources or clarify information. We know it can be hard to keep track of all the info in a phone or zoom convo.
- If you need more in-depth info, conversation, or support, you can schedule an advising appointment using Navigate, GVSU’s new student support software. The link is on our website: https://www.gvsu.edu/integrativelearning/
- You can also schedule over the phone Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Call 616-331-8200 and Anita will help you schedule an appointment. You can also cancel and reschedule appointments over the phone!
- You can choose whether you want your appointment to be phone or zoom. If you choose phone, Jen will call you at your scheduled time. If you choose Zoom, you will receive a follow up email with a link for the Zoom meeting.
- To make sure we have the most up to date information on file, please make sure your myProfile is updated with your current phone number so that we can easily reach you. You can find this information when you log into Banner, under Personal Information.
- We will NOT be offering walk in advising or face to face advising appointments this fall. If you stop in to our office, we can help you schedule an appointment at the next available time. But we won’t be able to meet with you, even for quick questions. Email is a better option for those conversations.
Advising will look and feel different this fall, like many of our GVSU experiences. But we are still here to support you! Our mission and values haven’t changed, even if our ways of connecting have. Your personal, professional, and academic development and fulfillment matter to us. Please don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment or to reach out by phone or email if you have questions or concerns.
Jennifer Getting Jameslyn
- Director of the Office of Integrative Learning and Advising
- Brooks College Professional Advisor