Mission & Vision
Cultivating engaged global citizens through innovative interdisciplinary programs and diverse community partnerships.
The Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies will be a regional and national model for creative inquiry, integrative programming, inclusive practices, and student empowerment.
- A collegial and collaborative student-centered environment where we support each other and work together, both within the college and across campus, in an open and transparent manner.
- Cultural diversity and diversity of voices as a foundational principle in our curriculum, programming, and practices.
- Community engagement through educational initiatives and experiential learning.
- Interdisciplinary research and teaching that challenges and expands perspectives.
- Risk-taking and innovation that encourages alternative approaches to scholarship, teaching, and learning.
- Social, environmental, and financial sustainability in all that we do.