20th Annual START Conference
Date: May 3, 2021
Time: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- In-state fee: $65.00
- Out-of-state fee: $100 (registration will open for anyone outside of Michigan on April 5, 2021)
- The START Project is funded by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education to provide evidence-based training, technical assistance, and resources to educators in Michigan that serve students with ASD. Therefore, attendees who live or work in Michigan are given priority. Registration will open to attendees outside of Michigan on April 5, 2021.
- Student: $30.00 (Individual should be an active student and not employed full-time)
- Parent or family member of a child with a disability: $30
- The START Project is thrilled to announce a scholarship to assist families in attending our conference. You can find the application and more information here.
- In addition, the Family Center for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs also offers a scholarship that assists families in attending conferences that relate to caring for their child with special needs. You can find the application and more information here.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. Phone cancellations will not be accepted. No refunds will be issued after April 26, 2021.
Substitutions: If you find that you are unable to attend the conference, you may send a substitute in your place. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and email of the substitution. The original registrant will be responsible for the conference registration fee payment.
Please note: we can only accept credit cards for payment for the registration fee and continuing education credits. Registration will close on April 28, 2021.
Continuing Education Credits
- State Board Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs): State Board Continuing Education Clock Hours will be available pending approval. Cost is $10 and can only be paid by credit card.
- Please note: Sign-up is required. The Sign-up and Payment Form will be linked in your confirmation email. You will need your PIC number in order to fill out the form. How do I find my PIC number?
- The Sign-up and Payment Form must be submitted by 3:30 p.m. on May 3, 2021 in order to receive SCECHs. Full day attendance is required in order to receive SCECHs.
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts Continuing Education Units (BCBA CEUs): BCBA CEUs will be available for Dr. Gregory Hanley's keynote presentation. Cost is $25 and can only be paid by credit card.
- Please note: Sign-up is required. The Sign-up and Payment Form will be linked in your confirmation email.
- The Sign-up and Payment Form must be submitted by 3:30 p.m. on May 3, 2021 in order to receive BCBA CEUs. Attendance for the full keynote is required in order to receive BCBA CEUs.
START Annual Conference Family Scholarship
The START Project is pleased to offer a scholarship to Michigan parents/family members of a child with a disability, to cover the cost of registration for the 20th Annual START Conference.
To be considered for this scholarship, please complete and submit an application. You will receive notification of a decision within 14 days of submission of a completed application. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be registered for the Conference automatically; please do not register separately from the submission of the application.
Please note: the number of scholarships is limited, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If you are awarded a scholarship, you may be asked to complete a short survey regarding your experience following the Conference.
Conference Platform: Zoom Webinar
The 20th Annual START Conference will be held virtually through the Zoom Webinar platform. The webinar link to access the conference will be emailed to attendees in a separate email on April 26, 2021.
A message from the START Team:
December 14, 2020
After careful consideration, the START Project team has made the proactive decision to move the 20th Annual START Conference to a fully virtual format to be held on May 3, 2021. We believe this is the safest and most responsible way to hold this event for our attendees, presenters, exhibitors, and staff. While we are disappointed that we cannot be in-person, we are excited by this opportunity to bring you a virtual learning experience with many new ideas and strategies from knowledgeable and engaging speakers.
We are thrilled to announce our keynote presenters for the Conference:
- Emily Rubin, MS, CCC-SLP, Director, Communication Crossroads, Inc.
- Gregory P. Hanley, Ph.D., BCBA-D, CEO, FTF Behavioral Consulting
Once our plans for this new conference format are finalized, we will provide additional details, including the date on which the conference registration will open. We will post additional information as it becomes available so please continue to check the START website and watch for updates in START Connecting. We hope you will join us for the 20th Annual START Conference!
The START Team