17th Annual START Conference: Strengthening Inclusive Practices
- Session Descriptions & Materials
- START Conference Flyer
- Registration information
- Regular: $95.00 (Fee includes coffee, morning refreshments, and lunch)
- Student: $30.00 (Individual should be an active student and not employed full-time) (Fee includes coffee, morning refreshments, and lunch)
- Please note: we can only accept credit cards for payment for the registration fee
Introducing the First START Project Community Read!
As we prepare for this year's START Conference and the Keynote presentation by Paula Kluth, this is an excellent opportunity for those in the ASD community to read her book titled “Don’t We Already Do Inclusion? 100 Ideas for Improving Inclusive Schools." An ongoing theme of our START Conferences and trainings has been inclusive opportunities. Although we see tremendous progress, we continue to ask: how do we make sure all students with disabilities have opportunities to learn alongside their peers?
The best way to tackle such an issue is to inspire a large group of people to read, think, and discuss the topic. Here is your chance to reinvigorate your thinking and commit to actions that help your school continue to build inclusive practices. Visit the Community Read page for more information on Paula Kluth, the book selection, and discussion questions.
Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
There are a limited number of hotel rooms in a room block at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center for the START Conference. Room block will be released on March 29, 2018.
- To reserve online,
- Go to www.kelloggcenter.com and click on the “Reservations” link at the top of the page. Select "Check availability and book now!" link
- Enter arrival, departure, rooms, & number of adults & children. Select “Click Here for Special Rates” and enter Group Code: 180416THAN and click “Check Availability”
- To reserve via phone:
- Call (800) 875-5090 and refer to the Group Code: 180416THAN