For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Individual Student Data Collection Forms
Purpose of student data collection tools
- To provide an efficient data collection system that gives educators a method for evaluating student performance at the individual level by providing: immediate feedback, embedded graphing, and embedded analysis.
- To evaluate the impact of START’s training and resources at the student level on three specific target behaviors: Independence, Engagement, and Social Interaction.
Why these 3 behaviors?
These three target behaviors have been shown in the research to have a significant impact on the quality of life for students with ASD.
- Collecting and analyzing data on independence provides an opportunity to improve performance in routines at school, at home, and in the community
- Collecting and analyzing data on engagement provides an opportunity to improve participation in general education classroom activities and/or increase opportunities to spend more time in general education classrooms and with the general education curriculum.
- Collecting and analyzing data on social skills provides an opportunity to develop friendships within and outside of the classroom which has also shown to impact academic performance and aid in classroom management.
Student Engagement Data
- Early Childhood Social Interaction Data Form
- Early Childhood – Social Skills Assessment
- Early Childhood – Social Skills Assessment Progress Report
- Elementary Social Interaction Data Form
- Elementary – Social Skills Assessment
- Elementary – Social Skills Assessment Progress Report
- Secondary Social Interaction Data Form
- Secondary – Social Skills Assessment
- Secondary – Social Skills Assessment Progress Report