Read with Lakers
Read with Lakers is a virtual opportunity for alumni to connect through books. Reading promotes lifelong learning by opening our minds to new ideas and perspectives. Through programming related to the book, we can share our thoughts, learn from one another, and have fun. Join us!
How it Works
- There is no sign-up or cost to participate.
- Read at your own pace over the two-month window.
- Join us for the virtual book discussion at the end of the read. Details and registration for that event are available below.
- We also encourage you to join us for other related events throughout the read. These events may give you new perspective as you read the book.
- January - March: Educated by Tara Westover
- May - July: Book TBD
- September - November: Book TBD
Book Discussion and Related Events
Webinar: The Power of Education
February 16, 2021
Join us as we explore the power of education! In this webinar, we'll look at the value of education, the liberal arts model, access to education, and its impact on first-generation students
Read with Lakers Book Discussion: Educated
March 16, 2021
Join us as we discuss the first book in our new Read with Lakers series: Educated by Tara Westover. Participants will be divided into breakout rooms with a discussion leader to dive deeper into the themes of the book and your reading experience.