Read with Lakers
Read with Lakers is a virtual opportunity for alumni to connect through books. Reading promotes lifelong learning by opening our minds to new ideas and perspectives. Through programming related to the book, we can share our thoughts, learn from one another, and have fun. Join us!
- Summer Reading Activity (May - July): Summer Reading Bingo
- Fall Read (August - October): Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
- Winter Read (November - January): TBD
- Spring Read (February - April): TBD
Summer Reading Bingo
We invite you to join us for the Read with Lakers summer reading activity. At your own pace, and on your own time, enjoy reading this summer. Share your summer reading list with fellow Grand Valley alumni. As you read books that match the prompts, fill in the corresponding square with your book title or location. A player wins once they have filled in five squares in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row.
Submit your bingo card to the Grand Valley Alumni Relations team. We will be sure to share with fellow Lakers.
We invite you to read on GVSU’s Allendale campus. Stop by the Alumni
House Visitor Center to say hello and pick up a Read with Lakers care
package. Enjoy reading in the study or on the back patio. Choose to
enjoy another spot on campus, an old favorite place or somewhere you
have never been!
October 11, 2022 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Join us as we discuss the next book in our Read with Lakers series: "Four Winds" by Kristin Hannah. Participants will be divided into breakout rooms with a discussion leader to dive...
How it Works
- There is no sign-up cost to participate, you'll just purchase a copy of the book or borrow it from your library.
- Read at your own pace over the two-month window.
- Join us for the virtual book discussion at the end of the read. Didn't finish reading it, that's okay - you can still join the discussion!
- We also encourage you to join us for other related events throughout the read. These events may give you new perspective as you read the book.