Alumni in 5
Rachel Salinas '10
Director of International Admissions at Indiana University Bloomington
1. Tell us about your journey since graduation.
Following my graduation from GVSU in 2010 I pursued an MA in Clinical Psychology at Ball State University. In 2013 I accepted a role as an international student recruiter at Indiana University - Bloomington where I travelled to 30+ countries to talk with students, parents, and high school counselors about studying in the U.S. I currently serve as the Director of International Admissions at IUB where I have the wonderful opportunity to recruit and support students from around the world.
2. Share a favorite Grand Valley memory.
My most foundational experience at GVSU was participating in multiple research projects with faculty and peers. These opportunities allowed me to build rapport with faculty, prepared me for graduate school, and provided me with the analytical and writing skills needed to excel in my career.
3. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
Never turn down an opportunity due to fear of failure.
4. List three words you would use to describe your Grand
1. Experiential 2. Transformative 3. Foundational
5. What difference would you like to make in the world?
Share this spotlight
Return to the listing of alumni in 5.