Graduate Non-degree Seeking Student Application Procedure

Students with a baccalaureate degree who are not seeking a graduate degree or have not completed all of the admissions requirements of their chosen program may be granted non-degree seeking status by submitting a graduate online application for admission or printing, filling out, and mailing our non-degree graduate paper application.

A maximum of 6–12 semester credits may be earned at Grand Valley State University as a non-degree seeking student, depending on the student's program of interest. Some programs have more restrictive guidelines. Students should check specific program descriptions for details.

Changing Status from Non-degree to Degree Seeking
You may seek a change in status by:

  1. Submitting all required admission materials
  2. Submitting a degree-seeking application form to the Admissions Office