DACA & Undocumented Students at GVSU

Grand Valley State University encourages the application and enrollment of undocumented students who are prepared to meet the challenges of a rigorous university curriculum.

Students are encouraged to apply via our paper application or web application; if you do not have a Social Security number, leave the field blank or place 000-00-0000. For an overview of the university’s requirements, please visit admissions requirements.

Financial aid, including federal, state, and many institutional aid sources, requires recipients to be U.S. citizens; therefore, funding opportunities are limited for undocumented students. Grand Valley institutional assistance is available on a limited basis for non-citizens who are undocumented and having difficulty paying their tuition.

For specific information regarding financial assistance, please visit the  GVSU Financial Assistance for Undocumented Students page.

Certain individuals may be eligible for consideration as resident students if they graduated from a Michigan high school after attending three years and are not legal residents of the United States; this eligibility extends for 28 months following high school or community college graduation.

For questions regarding our  residency policy or tuition for undocumented students, please contact the admissions office at (616) 331-2025 or  [email protected].

Students are eligible for  merit-based scholarships at Grand Valley State University, provided the student meets the minimum academic requirements; for a list of private scholarships, specifically for Grand Valley students, please visit the scholarship  website. Students are encouraged to use every opportunity before and during college to find internal and external scholarships to offset the cost of attendance.

Page last modified June 16, 2022