LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Northwestern Michigan College
Program Guide for Special Education
First Year, First Semester
First Year, Second Semester
|Science Lab elective||4|
Second Year, First Semester
Second Year, Second Semester
|Global Perspectives elective||3|
- For students completing the B.S. degree you may take MTH 131. Students completing the B.A. degree should take three semesters of a single foreign language.
- This guide fulfills the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Science electives must be selected from different disciplines. Humanities electives must be selected from different disciplines. Please check with your community college advisor for additional associate degree requirements. GVSU will still honor the MACRAO agreement.
- Students should consider transferring after one year.
- Global Perspectives electives: Please see general education guide for list of approved courses
IMPORTANT - All College of Education applicants must submit an official copy of the reading, mathematics, and writing sub-scores from the ACT or SAT. These must be on-file with the Office of Admissions at GVSU. If you have questions about the test, please see an advisor immediately.
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION:
- Programs are approved by the Michigan Department of Education and accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The College of Education offers programs leading to the bachelor's degree and Michigan Provisional Certification. Certification is available in elementary general education, secondary general education, or elementary education with special education endorsements.
- PLEASE NOTE: Please contact an advisor early. The College of Education Advisors can be reached at 616-331-6650.