About West Michigan
Grand Valley's main campus is located in Allendale, Michigan, which features:
- Michigan's second-largest city, Grand Rapids, within 20 minutes
- Sandy Lake Michigan beaches within a half hour
- Chicago and Detroit within a few hours
Lake Michigan's coast is just 25 minutes west of our main campus and features:
- Exquisite beaches
- Incredible sunsets
- Quaint resort towns
During the winter months, the area offers several activities such as:
- Downhill skiing
- Cross-country skiing
In the Heart of Grand Rapids
While the Allendale Campus is located nearby, Grand Valley's Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus is located within the city of Grand Rapids. Some of the city's attractions include:
- Fifth Third Ballpark – Home of the West Michigan Whitecaps Class A professional baseball team, a Detroit Tigers affiliate.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park – Features the most comprehensive outdoor sculpture collection in the Midwest, indoor and outdoor gardens, the largest tropical conservatory in the state, nature trails, a guided tram, and a children’s garden.
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum – America’s most entertaining presidential museum. Attend a White House state dinner, step inside the Oval Office, and see the original Watergate burglar tools.
- Grand Rapids Art Museum – Changing exhibitions feature local, national, and international artists.
- Van Andel Arena – Home of the Grand Rapids Griffins hockey team -- a Detroit Red Wings affiliate -- concerts, and more.
- Shopping malls – RiverTown Crossings Mall in Grandville and Woodland Mall in Kentwood serve the area with a wide variety of specialty retail shops, as well as your favorite department stores.
Visit Experience Grand Rapids for more information.