About West Michigan
Located in Allendale, Grand Valley's main campus features:
Michigan's second-largest city within 20 minutes
Sandy beaches within a half hour
Major cities within 3 hours
Lake Michigan's coast is just 25 minutes west of our main campus and features exquisite beaches, incredible sunsets and quaint resort towns. During the winter months, the area offers several activities such as snowboarding, downhill skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
In the Heart of Grand Rapids
The Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus is located within the city of Grand Rapids. Some of the city's attractions include:
- Fifth Third Ballpark – Home of the West Michigan Whitecaps, a professional Detroit Tigers affiliate baseball team.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park – Features the most comprehensive outdoor sculpture collection in the Midwest, indoor and outdoor gardens, the largest tropical conservatory in the state, nature trails, a guided tram, and a children’s garden.
- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library and Museum – America’s most entertaining presidential museum. Attend a White House state dinner, step inside the Oval Office, and see the original Watergate burglar tools.
- Grand Rapids Art Museum – Changing exhibitions feature local, national, and international artists.
- Van Andel Arena – Home of the Grand Rapids Griffins hockey team -- a Detroit Red Wings affiliate -- concerts, and more.
- Shopping Malls – RiverTown Crossings Mall in Grandville and Woodland Mall in Kentwood serve the area with a wide variety of specialty retail shops, as well as your favorite department stores.