Biostatistics is the application and development of statistical techniques for the biological and health sciences.
The Master of Science (M.S.) in biostatistics is a Professional Science Masters (PSM) program developed in parallel with the data science and analytics, health informatics and bioinformatics, and cell and molecular biology programs.
For more PSM program information, visit gvsu.edu/psm/.
Deadline for fall semester is June 1; winter deadline is November 1. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Why Study Biostatistics at Grand Valley?
- Master's level biostatisticians are in demand. This demand results in higher starting salaries within exciting scientific work environments.
- Partners such as the Van Andel Research Institute and Spectrum Health provide formal support for internships and continuing assistance to GVSU students.
- Graduates of the GVSU biostatistics master's program have secured employment with outstanding employers such as Van Andel Institute, Pfizer, the Henry Ford Health System, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Class times later in the day allow degree completion by working professionals.
- The program is very applied with an emphasis on modern statistical techniques using prominent statistical software.
For More InformationBiostatistics Program
A-1-112 Mackinac Hall
Location & FormatFace to face courses are scheduled during the day and are offered at Grand Valley's Allendale Campus.
- Location: Grand Rapids
- Format: Face To Face
The four PSM programs are interdisciplinary and feature common core courses. The biostatistics program features:
- Directed courses in biostatistics
- An internship
- A culminating capstone experience
Master's level biostatisticians are in demand in industry, research institutions, government, and academia, including:
- Clinical medicine
- Drug development/clinical trials
- Environmental health
- Wildlife and fisheries
For more information, visit gvsu.edu/grad/biostats/.
“Through their applied coursework and internships our students have strong hands-on experience in the application of statistics to the biological and health sciences. I believe our graduates will become leaders in their positions within industry and the academic world.”
DIRECTOR, GVSU BIOSTATISTICS PROGRAM