Events » Fundamentals of Harmonized System (HS) Classification
This will be a full-day training will be held in person on GVSU’s Downtown Campus. Complimentary parking, breakfast, and lunch will be provided.
Understanding how to classify products under the Harmonized System (HS) is essential in keeping the global supply chain moving. HS classification is an essential component in both, export declaration for export shipments and the customs entry for import shipments. The HS classification is central to determining export eligibility, import duty rates, and taxes. The correct HS classification is also key to determining if products qualify for preferential tariff treatment under the many free trade agreements.
- Understanding and applying the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI)
- Utilizing section notes, chapter notes, headings, and subheadings
- Classifying parts and kits
- Utilizing classification tools such as explanatory notes and binding rulings
- Managing HS classification data
Thursday, April 18, 2024
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
GVSU Bicycle Factory
201 Front Ave SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504