The Multimedia Journalism major at Grand Valley State University prepares the next generation of storytellers to succeed and lead in a rapidly changing media landscape.
- Receive training from scholar-practitioners with decades of experience in video, print, radio, and web.
- Build a digital portfolio by working with our award-winning student media
- Snag an internship with a greater Grand Rapids business
- Research and present with faculty at media conferences
- Listen and learn from pathbreaking guest speakers
- Take advantage of state-of-the-art broadcasting facilities at WGVU PBS
Bottom line: GVSU Multimedia Journalism students receive a great liberal arts education and take advantage of opportunities you can't find anywhere else. But most importantly, our graduates get jobs in their chosen fields.
• Journalist • Communication director • Company spokesperson • Copy editor • Copywriter • Digital media designer • Editor • Freelancer • Government relations officer • Graphic artist • Blogger • Media broadcasting • Media consultant • Media critic • Media relations specialist • Multimedia designer • News anchor • News director • Newscaster • Newspaper publisher • Photographer • Political analyst • Professor • Public affairs director • Public relations specialist • Radio news director • Radio talk show host • Researcher • Scriptwriter • Social media marketer • Social media specialist • Speechwriter • Sports announcer • Writer •