Guidance for Experiential Learning during COVID-19
What are we doing well during COVID-19?
Faculty, Staff, and Student Community Interaction and Innovation
We are in this together | On the front lines of COVID-19
Rachel Zemanek and Mikayla Thorman are Northern Michigan Paramedics and students pursuing a Bachelor in Allied Health Sciences at Grand Valley State University’s Traverse City Regional Center.
Clinical Dietetics students volunteer at food pantries and soup kitchens: "We're not struggling for food, others are"
Physician Assistant Studies grad student recovers from coronavirus, donates plasma to 'pay it forward'
GVSU grad student recovers from coronavirus, donates plasma to 'pay it forward'
Hannah Grinwis, graduate student in the Physician Assistant Studies program. Photo Credit: Courtesy photo
Traverse City health professions donates supplies to Munson; students anxious to return to clinical assignments
The current PAS students also created a thank-you video for faculty and staff members.
THANK YOU to all of our students, faculty, staff, and advisors in how you are responding to immediate change as we maneuver this crisis together. We are aware of your stress and commend you in your willingness to be flexible. Your resilience and strength of character make us proud and we know you are a bright spot in the future of health professions!
Important Information during COVID-19
The CHP Dean’s office and all departmental/program offices will be open while abiding by strict safety measures on Monday, July 27, 2020.
Academic Advising / CHP Program Admissions: CHP Student Services Office @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Allied Health Sciences (AHS): Marilyn Gilbreath @ email@example.com
Includes emphasis in:
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant Studies
- Health Professional Degree Completion
- Respiratory Care
- Health Information Management
- Graduate Program: Clinical Dietetics
- Communication Sciences and Disorders (CSD): Jaimie Koopman @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Graduate Program: Audiology
- Diagnostic and Treatment Sciences (DTS):
- Occupational Science and Therapy (OST): Diana Briggs @ email@example.com
- Physical Therapy (PT): Sarah Kozminski @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physician Assistant Studies (PAS): Cathy Tomek @ email@example.com
- Public Health (PH): Heather Koster @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to Grand Valley's College of Health Professions;
your chance to make a difference starts here!
The College of Health Professions offers 18 programs
Undergraduate | bachelor's degree
- Allied Health Sciences
- Applied Food & Nutrition (Fall 2021 -- program is in a pre-candidacy phase seeking accreditation)
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Health Information Management
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Radiation Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
During the 2019-2020 academic year, Grand Valley granted 442 bachelor's degrees and 263 graduate degrees to graduates in our programs
As you explore our programs, you will see the commitment to our mission, vision, and values
To prepare exceptional professionals who will impact the health and well-being of the larger community.
To create an environment that is recognized and respected for excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service to the community, our professions, and the constituents we serve.
We will be recognized for our collegiality, collaboration, evidence-based practice, and development of life-long learners.
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Respect and appreciation of differences
- Life-long learning
- Excellence in teaching, scholarship, and practice
- Appreciation of personal well-being
- Collegiality and collaboration
- Social responsibility