LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Public Health in Action at RecWell
February 23, 2021
Public Health has become quite the buzz term since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. But, public health is a field of study that’s so much more than the pandemic and viruses. It is the “science and art of protecting and improving the health of people and their communities.” This is why RecWell is so lucky to have many Master of Public Health students on our team for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Brennan Burk serves on the Laker Community Ambassador team and is doing on the ground work on-campus to promote COVID prevention behaviors.
- Ryleigh Emelander is the Health Promotions Assistant with RecWell. She coordinates the Press Pause campaign, supports the WIT Peer Educators and has provided content and creative feedback for COVID prevention and health promotion messaging for our newsletter, blogs, and social media.
- Samual Jangala co-coordinates the team of 6 Laker Community Ambassadors with primary responsibilities of staff training/development and logistics support, helping LCA influence positive health behaviors and messaging around COVID-19, and supporting health education and awareness for the GV community.
- Katie Liebaert serves on the Health Communication team providing social media support through extensive research and creative content for the new @gvsuhealth Instagram account.
- Sonal Subhash Mandale graduated this December with her MPH. She serves as a WIT Peer Educator focusing on sexual health education and was on the Students Creating Culture and Community (SC3) advisory board for the Division of Student Affairs.
- Rodrigo Mata is completing his MPH practicum in student wellness supporting nutrition, health and wellness coaching, the Press Pause campaign by hosting a burnout and balance panel discussion, and department-wide diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Connor Montgomery is a Graduate Assistant for Fitness and Wellness coordinating many programs like UFit and Small Group Training. He’s also completing his MPH practicum in student wellness working on nutrition webpages, club sports presentations, creating a health promotion database, and more.
- Chelsea Rossow co-coordinates the team of 6 Laker Community Ambassadors with primary responsibilities of event management support, staff training and development, helping LCA influence positive health behaviors and messaging around COVID-19, and supporting health education and awareness for the GV community.