It is important to have both a healthy mind and body. The Fitness and Wellness Services has a UFit Plan, where participants meet with a Fitness Specialist to discuss their wellness goals, current health, fitness and lifestyle status and receive a custom fitness program using the equipment the participant has access to.
- Customized fitness programming from knowledgeable staff to guide your fitness journey
- Equipment orientations and guided tour through the recreation center
- Goal development and strategies for exercise adherence
- Incorporate stress management strategies to help achieve your personal wellness goals.
FREE FOR STUDENTS!
One-time charge of $25 for non-students.
- Intake appointment to discuss wellness goals and establish a plan to reach them
- Optional postural and movement assessment
- Equipment orientation and exercise demonstration
- Personalized Fitness Program
- Follow-up appointments to gauge progress, adjust goals, and modify the fitness program as you continue to improve your fitness
In-Person Appointments Available!
The Rec is Open, and we're here to help you navigate the facility and complete your workout safely. If you complete your workouts somewhere other than the rec, UFit is offered virtually as well.
- Book and complete your intake appointment
- After the intake appointment, your fitness specialist will create a fitness program based on your interests, fitness level, available equipment, and goals.
- Equipment Orientation - Your fitness specialist will review your customized fitness program with you to ensure you understand where all of the equipment is located and how to safely complete each exercise.
- Complete the workouts when it works with your schedule, and communicate with your fitness specialist easily through the Trainerize App.
- Follow-up appointments are encouraged to gauge progress, adjust goals, and modify your fitness program as you continue to improve your fitness
4 Ways to Schedule
Schedule your UFit Appointment by email, online through MindBody, by phone, or in-person in the Fitness & Wellness office.
- Online - GVSU is now using MindBody for our programs registration. Book Here
- Email - [email protected]
- Phone - (616) 331-3659
- In Person - The Fitness Services office is located on the lower level of the recreation center, adjacent to court 3. The office is open from 10a-6p Monday-Friday.
After your Intake appointment, your fitness specialist will assist you in scheduling your equipment orientation to review your customized fitness program with you to ensure you understand where all of the equipment is located and how to safely complete each exercise.