It is important to have both a healthy mind and body. The Fitness and Wellness Services has a UFit Plan, where clients meet with a Fitness Specialists to discuss their wellness goals, current health, fitness, nutrition and lifestyle status.
- Fitness programming from knowledgeable staff to guide your fitness journey
- Fitness assessments and customized exercise programs
- Equipment orientations
- Goal development and strategies for exercise adherence
- Incorporate nutrition and stress management strategies to help achieve your personal wellness goals.
- FREE FOR STUDENTS! One-time charge of $25 for non-students.
- Initial consultation with goal setting
- Optional postural and movement assessment
- Equipment orientation and exercise demonstration
- Personalized Fitness Program
- Follow-up appointments to gauge progress, adjust goals, and modify the fitness program as you continue to improve your fitness
Interested in receiving a personalized fitness program developed for you by a fitness specialist, but don't know where to start? Follow these steps:
1. Schedule your intake appointment.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online - GVSU in now using MindBody for our programs registration. Book here
- In Person - The Fitness Services office is currently closed in accordance with current Michigan Executive Orders.
2. After your Intake appointment, schedule a Equipment Orientation appointment with your fitness specialist to review your personalized program and go over each piece of equipment and exercise to ensure you are comfortable and confident to complete them on your own.
3. Follow-up appointments are encouraged to gauge progress, adjust goals, and modify your fitness program as you continue to improve your fitness.
Interested in receiving a personalized fitness program developed for you by a fitness specialist, but you're unable to stop in to our office? Follow these steps:
- Book your Intake appointment with a fitness specialist. Book here
- Complete your Intake and Fitness Testing with a fitness specialist, if necessary.
- Schedule your Program Prescription / Equipment Orientation appointment with your assigned fitness specialist to go over your program and any equipment you may be using.
- Schedule your Follow Up appointment at the end of your Program Prescription / Equipment Orientation appointment.
- Attend your Follow Up appointment to give the fitness specialist feedback on progress and continue to develop your personalized fitness program!
Reminders and Tips for Appointments
During your first appointment, you will have the option to complete a postural and movement assessment. For the most accurate results, we recommend the following prior to your test:
- Show up well-rested, and try to avoid strenuous activity the day of or before the assessment.
- Being overly sore, or physically exhausted may impact your postural and movement assessment.
- If taking any medications, check with your Health Care Provider to discuss possible reactions to exercise.
- Remember to eat a balanced breakfast/lunch the day of the test
- Wear comfortable clothing that will not restrict your movement