It is important to have both a healthy mind and body. The Fitness and Wellness Services has a UFit Plan, where participants meet with a Fitness Specialists to discuss their wellness goals, current health, fitness, nutrition and lifestyle status and receive a custom fitness program using the equipment the participant has access to.
- Customized fitness programming from knowledgeable staff to guide your fitness journey
- Equipment orientations and guided tour through the recreation center
- Goal development and strategies for exercise adherence
- Incorporate nutrition and stress management strategies to help achieve your personal wellness goals.
FREE FOR STUDENTS! One-time charge of $25 for non-students.
- Intake appointment to discuss wellness goals and establish a plan to reach them
- Optional postural and movement assessment
- Equipment orientation and exercise demonstration
- Personalized Fitness Program
- Follow-up appointments to gauge progress, adjust goals, and modify the fitness program as you continue to improve your fitness
FREE for Students!
Now Available In-Person or Virtually
The Rec is Open, and we're here to help you navigate the facility and complete your workout safely. If you complete your workouts somewhere other than the rec, UFit is offered virtually as well.
- Book and complete your intake appointment using the video conferencing platform of your choice (Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype, FaceTime, Etc.)
- After the intake appointment, your fitness specialist will create a fitness program based on your interests, fitness level, available equipment, and goals.
- Prescription Appointment - Your fitness specialist will review your customized fitness program with you to ensure you understand where all of the equipment is located and how to safely complete each exercise.
- Complete the workouts when it works with your schedule, and communicate with your fitness specialist easily through the Trainerize App.
- Follow-up appointments are encouraged to gauge progress, adjust goals, and modify your fitness program as you continue to improve your fitness
*To ensure the safety of all participants and staff, all intake appointments will be completed virtually
4 Ways to Schedule
Schedule your UFit Appointment by email, online through MindBody, by phone, or in-person in the Fitness & Wellness office.
- Online - GVSU in now using MindBody for our programs registration. Book Here
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone - (616) 331-3659
- In Person - The Fitness Services office is located on the lower level of the recreation center, adjacent to court 3. The FWS office is open Monday - Friday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
After your Intake appointment, your fitness specialist will assist you in scheduling your prescription appointment to review your customized fitness program with you to ensure you understand where all of the equipment is located and how to safely complete each exercise.