Group Fitness Policies & Procedures
Class booking cancellations must be made at least 45 minutes before the start of the class. Please be courteous to those on the Waitlist by canceling in a timely manner.
You will not be reimbursed for your class pass for a booked spot with a No-show (late cancel).
WEATHER & LAST-MINUTE CANCELLATIONS
Please remember that participant safety is our number one priority, and classes may be canceled at any time due to weather or other circumstances as determined by Recreation & Wellness staff.
We will do our best to shift your class to a virtual format in a timely manner. In the instance that a virtual class is not offered in place of the cancellation, you will be reimbursed your class pass credit.
- RSVP's will be required for ALL participants. Please go to MindBody to reserve your spot.
- Limited classes will be available for non-students and can be purchased at MindBody
- RSVP's are accepted 5 days prior to the class.
- Passes are non-refundable and non-transferrable and a parking pass is NOT included with purchase.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to participant.
- If between 16-18 year of age, participant must have parental consent on the Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability Form.
- If under 16 years of age, participants must have parental consent on the Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability Form and be approved for participation by Recreation & Wellness administrative staff.
- A medical examination is not required for participation. However, if you know that you have a medical/health condition and/or you will be starting a new exercise program and/or will be significantly increasing your current activity level, it is recommended that you talk with your doctor before participating.
- All Students, Faculty, and Staff are required to present their Grand Valley ID Card, and MindBody pass to class.
- Proper attire is required and is expected to meet the RecWell Fitness recommended dress code for safety reasons.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a water bottle to all classes.
- The improper use of equipment and failure to properly clean equipment after use is not tolerated.
- No entrance is allowed 5 minutes after the designated class start time.
- Personal items should be placed safe and secure areas, not interfering with activity. Grand Valley is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Participants are encouraged to leave their phones with their belongings for safety reasons.
- Space is limited
- If a person who has a reservation does not arrive within 8 minutes of the class start time, their reservation will be forfeited.
- All classes are subject to cancellation and/or change based on the availability of qualified instructors, facilities, and participation.
- There are no scheduled classes during holidays, semester breaks, or school closings.
- Weather Policy – cancellation will be determined based on conditions. Please refer to Recreation & Wellness’s Weather Policies for more information.
- For the safety and privacy of all, participants are discouraged from taking pictures and/or videos within the class spaces. If capturing images and/or videos for the promotion of Recreation and Wellness, please be sensitive of others in the background.
- Recreation & Wellness strives to create an inclusive and welcoming environment and does not discriminate against any individuals. We expect the same of all of our participants and will not tolerate the discrimination of others through language, gestures, or any other form of behavior that makes other feel unwelcome while in our programs.