LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
- GVSU currently ranks 7th in the country for Master’s institutions sending students abroad based on the 2019 IIE Open Doors report (data based on 2018/19 study abroad participation)
- PIC received the Diversity Abroad’s 2020 Excellence in Diversity &Inclusion in International Education Award for outreach, marketing and recruitment.
- Study abroad is an indicator for increased retention rates and persistence to graduation at GVSU (based on an analysis of data from the past 10 years)
- 762 GVSU students studied abroad (Summer 2019, Fall 2019, AY 2019, Winter 2019)
- 29 of faculty-led programs in 2019, including innovative new programs for Student-Athletes and TRIO students
- 30+ International Partnerships with activities ranging from faculty and staff exchanges, student exchanges, short-term teaching abroad opportunities, and more…
- More than 1000 students in attendance during the Fall 2019 Study Abroad Fair
- Over 80 countries represented by GVSU international students
- Over 250 outreach events & presentations
- Over 150 people applied for a passport at one of our passport fairs
- About 28% of study abroad participants are First Generation college students