25th Annual Student Scholars Day - Call For Digital Art
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship is hosting a competition for the artwork to be featured on the 2021 Student Scholars Day abstract book cover. The artwork will be selected by the Student Scholars Day Committee. The winner will receive a $500 scholarship which will be applied to the 2021 Winter semester.
Submissions should be representative of scholarship, research, and creativity at GVSU. Past SSD covers have incorporated themes of sustainability, integration, interdisciplinarity, and transformation. See examples of past covers on the Abstract Book Archive webpage.
All GVSU students are eligible to participate in the competition. Competition deadline is FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020. Artists will be notified by Friday, December 18, 2020. Questions and inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
All entries must adhere to the following specifications:
- Finished size must be 8.5x11 vertical layout.
- All images should be vectored, or non vectored images need to be at least 300 dpi.
- The artist must incorporate the text below in their entries. There are no set requirements, but it is expected that the text will be readable:
- Student Scholars Day
- April 14, 2021
- The artist can choose to include information on the edition of the event. If so, the text should say:
- 25th Annual
- The artist must also include their name in the submission. The committee requests that artists place their name in an inconspicuous area that will not distract from, nor conflict with, the main information. A good recommendation is to utilize one of the corners of the page, in a small font size.
- Examples of past covers can be seen on the Abstract Book Archive webpage.
Submit your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include:
- Source file compatible with Adobe Creative Suite (include packaged files so that we will have your fonts, images, etc.)
- PDF file
- Artist statement describing the artwork in no more than 100 words
- Artist photo or self portrait
One artist may submit up to three separate entries for consideration, however, you may be asked to narrow it down to two, depending on the number of other entries received.
Please note: while we welcome many art mediums, keep in mind that the final product is printed on stock paper for the cover.