23rd Annual Student Scholars Day - Call For Digital Art
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship is hosting a competition for the artwork to be featured on the 2019 Student Scholars Day abstract book cover. The artwork will be selected by the Student Scholars Day Committee. The winner will receive a $500 scholarship which will be applied to the 2019 Winter semester.
Submissions should be representative of scholarship, research, and creativity at GVSU. Past SSD covers have incorporated themes of sustainability, integration, interdisciplinarity, and transformation. See examples of past covers on the Abstract Book Archive webpage.
All GVSU students are eligible to participate in the competition. Competition deadline is FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2018. Artists will be notified by Friday, December 7, 2018. Questions and inquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
All entries must adhere to the following specifications:
- Finished size must be 8.5x11 vertical layout
- All images should be vectored, or non vectored images need to be at least 300 dpi
- DO NOT include symbols or text on entry
Submit your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include:
- Two formats: PDF and source file (i.e. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Artist statement describing the artwork in no more than 100 words
- Artist photo or self portrait
One artist may submit up to three separate entries for consideration, however, you may be asked to narrow it down to two, depending on the number of entries received.
Please note: while we welcome many art mediums, keep in mind that the final product is printed on stock paper for the cover.