ASSP Student Membership
Benefits of Student Membership:
- Society Update & Class Edition (70% discount on PS journal)
- Use of ASSP Library Information Services
- Discounted rate at annual PDC
- Involvement in local activities through the local ASSP chapter
- Access to ASSP website with important safety and health information
- Access to ASSP Online Community for "members only" which provides:
- Online membership directory: students can take advantage of this service to contact members who can provide valuable information and assistance.
- Career Center: allows a student to post resumes, search for jobs and take advantage of a mentoring service. The mentoring service allows student members to connect with experienced members to form a mentoring relationship. The Career Center also provides Internet links to websites on how to put together a resume, interview, research companies and salaries, and research graduate schools and financial aid.
- Personal Home Pages: assists students with designing and maintaining their own web page for free.
- Permanent E-mail Address: allows a future employer to reach them through a permanent e-mail address regardless of where they are. Currently ASSP offers one
- FREE year of Associate membership to ASSP graduating student members. This includes a free year subscription to Professional Safety Journal.
- List of safety degree programs to help students identify potential graduate schools and network with other undergraduate student sections.
- Educational sessions at the PDC designed specifically for students.
If interested in becoming a member of GVSU's ASSP please fill out the ASSP Student Membership Application and click 'Join Now'.
Contact David Huizen for more information.