GVSU Faculty-Staff LGBT Scholarship
Award: Up to $2,500
Created by lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) faculty and staff at Grand Valley State University and by others who are supportive of LGBT students.
- Preference is given to LGBT students
- It is open to both undergraduate and graduate students, enrolled full or half-time
- Must be degree-seeking student with a 2.0 minimum cumulative grade point average and making satisfactory academic progress
- Financial need, as demonstrated by a current completed FAFSA, may be considered
West Shore AWARE Scholarship
Award: typically $3,000
Created by West Shore AWARE, a philanthropic organization of gay men and women striving to create a positive image by working for the community in which they live.
- Preference will be given to LBGT students or to other students who demonstrate visible positive support for issues important to the well-being of the broad LGBT community
- May be enrolled part-time or full-time as undergraduate or graduate student
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be making standard of academic progress
- Financial need will be taken into consideration
Hamlin Endowed Memorial Scholarship
Established in loving memory of Fredrick Keith Hamlin to assist students with the costs of a Grand Valley State University (GVSU) education who are involved with the GVSU Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Resource Center and have demonstrated a career interest in environmental design, nursing, psychology or education.
- Recipients for this scholarship shall have been accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be an undergraduate junior or senior and enrolled for 12 credit hours or more
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater (on a 4.0 scale)
- Preference will be given to students with a declared major or demonstrated interest in Environmental Design, Nursing, Psychology and Education