FQA meets every Wednesday at 8 p.m.. Participants are invited to join the FQA channel on the LGBT Resource Center's Slack to stay in touch between meetings.
Interested in FQA?
Sign-up to receive email updates about FQA!
If you have questions about FQA, email [email protected] or stop by the Center.
Mission of First-year Queer Alliance
First-year Queer Alliance (FQA) supports LGBTQIA+ and allied students by helping them build community, engage in shared learning on social justice topics, and develop strategies for a successful first year.
FQA students will…
- More confidently navigate GVSU’s campus and resources
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Gain awareness of the complexity of identity
- Develop a sense of belonging to the LGBT Resource Center and GVSU
- Increase their awareness of LGBTQIA+ identities and issues impacting the community
- Develop strategies for a successful first year