Customer Service & Marketing Internship
The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven - Grand Haven, Michigan
Our interns gain valuable insight into The Chamber of Commerce and business world. Throughout the winter
season, interns help coordinate member events, manage website pages, carry out database projects, organize sponsorship opportunities, and assist with marketing The Chamber. Additionally, interns will experience working at The Chamber’s front desk, assisting both residents and visitors of our area. The Chamber office is in a prime location, right downtown Grand Haven. Come spend your winter on the west (and best) side of the state!
- Manage, support and/or assist with a range of specific membership database tasks and projects.
- Provide exceptional customer service in The Chamber office and out in our community.
- Market and promote events, programs, and sponsorship opportunities (e.g. print marketing, event calendars, social media and more).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Chamber Staff.
- Communication skills—oral, written, listening, non-verbal, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, internet and e-mail
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible
- Proficient in the social media platforms of Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Previous customer service and marketing experience
- Experience with design programs or databases is a bonus
- Professional dress and demeanor
- Knowledge of the programs and services available through The Chamber
- Some knowledge of Canva, or other graphic design tools.
Type of Position: Part-Time / Internship Position
Segment of Industry: General Hospitality & Tourism Management
The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven
1 S. Harbor Drive
Grand Haven, Michigan 49417
Contact: Ellie Holman
How To Apply
Please send cover letter & resume to Ellie Holman at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2019.
Applicants will be contacted December 2,2019 for interview scheduling.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2019
About the Organization:
The “go to place” for community and business information for over 120 years, The Chamber of Commerce Grand Haven, Spring Lake, Ferrysburg provides business assistance, networking opportunities and advocates for more than 700 Northwest Ottawa County member businesses. All aspects of The Chamber’s efforts support the focus of “Empowering Business. Building Community,” which makes Northwest Ottawa County the best place to live, work, play and learn. For more information, visit www.grandhavenchamber.org.
No attachment uploaded