Fund Development & Special Events Intern
American Red Cross of West Michigan - Grand Rapids, Michigan
The American Red Cross of West Michigan is looking for a
motivated individual with great attention to detail, ability to
focus on the task at hand, and interested in pursuing a career in
special events or fund development. This individual will be working
closely with our Events Specialist in the planning of chapter
events. He or she will take leadership in the collaborative planning
of the annual fundraiser, Hometown
Heroes Encore on April 10, 2018.
Projected Learning Outcomes:
- Ability to gain understanding around planning and executing
successful special events within a nonprofit.
- Increase skill set of Microsoft excel and other Microsoft office programs.
- Gain knowledge of nonprofit special event planning.
- Learn how to successfully execute chapter events.
- Learn how to appropriately work with and manage major corporate
- Gain knowledge in leadership and volunteer coordination.
- Build personal organizational and planning skills
- Lead chapter’s Hometown Heroes Encore fundraiser event and
coordinate with planning committee in completing logistics and
- Support event sponsor solicitations and follow-up
- Assist with special event coordination and planning, including but
not limited to event acknowledgements, venue logistics, vendor
research and working with event volunteers, as well as leading the
volunteers the day of the event
Attend Hometown Heroes event on April 10, 2018
- Assist with special event and day-of-event operations including
set-up, tear-down and other manual labor projects
- Assist with special event data entry, mass mailings, filings and
other administrative tasks
- Assist Regional Events Specialist with planning administrative duties
- Solicit Silent Auction Items, Live Auction items, and Guest
Activities needed for guest activities with support from the
Regional Events Specialist
- Computer competence: Microsoft Office programs including Word,
Excel and PowerPoint
- Email and research proficiency
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong personal and customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Strong communications skills
Type of Position: Part-Time / Internship Position
Segment of Industry: Meeting & Event Management
Hours: 15 Hours
American Red Cross of West Michigan
1050 Fuller Ave NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503
Contact: Eva Alexander
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Eva Alexander at email@example.com
Application Deadline: November 17, 2017
No attachment uploaded