Adventure Tourism Management Minor
Students in HTM and other majors may minor in Adventure Tourism Management by completing a total of 21 credits as outlined below. Students should consider at least one field experience course in their minor program. Interested students must meet with the HTM Department Chair, Dr. Kristen Jack, to establish a specific plan in advance.
Students must complete ALL of the following Core courses (12 credits):
- HTM 235 – Tourism & Recreation Management (3 credits)
- HTM 268 – Adventure Tourism (3 credits)
- HTM 368 – Geotourism (3 credits)
- NRM 420 – Wildland Recreation Management (3 credits)
Choose two (2) Fitness, Skill and Activity (FIT) courses from the following:
- FIT 119 - Outdoor Skills/Snowshoeing (1 credit)
- FIT 128 - Rock Climbing (1 credit)
- FIT 153 - Sailing-Large Boat (1 credit)
Additional course options may be available with HTM Department Chair approval.
Choose a minimum of seven (7) credits of additional electives from the group:
- HTM 202 – International Tourism (3 credits)
- HTM 290/HTM 390/HTM 490 – Adventure Tourism Based Field Experience (2 credits)
*Students minoring in adventure tourism management are encouraged to consider including at least one field experience course in their program. MGT, NRM, MOV appropriate adventure based internships may be included (with HTM Internship Coordinator approval).
- NRM 300 – Ethical Recreation: Leave No Trace (1 credit)
- MGT 330 – Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (3 credits)
- MGT 345 – Team Building (3 credits)
- MGT 364 – Service Operations Management (3 credits)
- NRM 451 – Natural Resource Policy (3 credits)