LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Certificate in Real Estate
The certificate in real estate is designed for Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) and business minor students seeking knowledge and skills related to career opportunities in the real estate industry. Students in this program may find careers in real estate development, appraisal, sales agency, property management, loan origination, credit analysis, investment analysis, financial consultancy, portfolio management, city government, title examination, location analysis, etc. The certificate can also strengthen studies in business, finance, economics, resource management, urban planning, public policy, insurance, and construction management.
Students who seek a certificate in real estate must earn a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) degree or a business minor designation and are required to complete the following courses:
- ECO 300 - Applied Economic Analysis Credits: 3 OR ECO 495 - Senior Economic Project (Capstone) Credits: 3
- FIN 350 - Real Estate Principles Credits: 3
- ECO 336 - Urban and Real Estate Economics Credits: 3
And two of the courses listed below:
- GPY 385/ ECO 385 - GIS in Urban and Regional Analysis Credits: 3
- ECO 414 - Money and Banking Credits: 3
- ECO 490 - Economics Internship Credits: 1 to 6 *
- FIN 321 - Investments Credits: 3
- FIN 331 - Risk and Insurance Credits: 3
- FIN 424 - Financial Modeling Credits: 3
- GPY 307 - Introduction to Geographic Information Systems Credits: 3
- GPY 209 - Introduction to Urban and Regional Planning Credits: 3
- GPY 310 - Land Use Planning Credits: 3
- GPY 312 - Urban and Regional Environmental Planning Credits: 3
- GPY 314 - Land Use and Planning Law Credits: 3
- MKT 365/ GPY 365 - GIS for Economic and Business Decision-Making Credits: 3
- HTM 333 - Hospitality Facilities Management Credits: 3
- MKT 353 - Marketing Negotiations Credits: 3
- MKT 356 - Professional Selling Credits: 3
- MKT 360 - Marketing on the Internet Credits: 3
- MKT 456 - Sales Management Credits: 3
* Internship must be in work related to real estate.
If you are interested in the Certificate in Real Estate, please contact Associate Professor Laudo Ogura for more information.