The Economics Department offers several scholarships to economics majors. We are grateful to the individuals, firms and organizations that strongly support our students and programs through these financial aid opportunities. Brief descriptions of the available scholarships are shown below. The deadline to apply for these scholarships annually is March 1.
This scholarship was created to benefit junior or senior Seidman College of Business (SCB) Economics and Economics students.
- Recipients for this scholarship shall have been accepted for or be currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be a junior or senior enrolled for 12 credit hours or more in the SCB
- Have declared a major in Economics or Business Economics
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale) for economics courses taken at GVSU
- Have completed two upper level Economics courses at GVSU by the time of application
- Be making Satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University
Although not a requirement, financial need may be considered, and shall be demonstrated by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewal Criteria: This scholarship is non-renewable
This scholarship was established to assist exceptional students pursuing a career in economics with completion of an undergraduate degree.
- Must be a fulltime Senior
- Must be enrolled in the Seidman College of Business as an Economics Major
- Must maintain a 3.25 GPA
This scholarship is non-renewable.