For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
The master's education program in speech-language pathology at Grand Valley State University is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
The doctoral (Au.D) program in audiology at Grand Valley State University is an Applicant for Candidacy by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2017 or 301-296-5700. A final decision on Candidacy, which is a recognized accreditation status, must be received prior to matriculating students in this program. Questions regarding where the program is in the accreditation process can be directed to Dr. Halling, Program Director.
Accreditation signifies to students, the general public, and all interested parties that the program of study has met the rigorous standards designed to insure that programs are striving toward excellence in educating students. Here is a link to the ASHA website which provides greater detail what accreditation requires and means to students and the public. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Dan Halling at email@example.com.
Anyone interested in knowing more about this professional accreditation, or to file a complaint or grievance regarding the GVSU M.S. program, may use the following contact information:
Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA)
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
2200 Research Boulevard #310
Rockville, Maryland 20850
800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700
NOTE: Grievances must address the program's compliance with accreditation standards.
Audiology Site Visit Team
Review Documents for site visit
- Department Student Handbook
- University handbooks given to graduate students: Graduate Student Guidebook and Other Resources
- University faculty handbooks
- University's promotion and tenure guidelines (refer to Faculty Handbook)
- University catalog/bulletin
- University's calendar for recent academic year
- Flow chart showing university hierarchy, with names: Administration and College of Health Professions
- Copies of all course syllabi: HRG 501; HRG 504; HRG 508; HRG 521; HRG 525; HRG 526; HRG 527; HRG 541; HRG 542; HRG 545; HRG 562; HRG 566; HRG 568; HRG 570; HRG 606; HRG 607; HRG 623; HRG 629; HRG 642; HRG 645; HRG 648; HRG 661; HRG 664; HRG 670; HRG 690; HRG 760; HRG 770; HRG 799
- Policies and procedures of the college: Bylaws
- Copy of typical recruitment package sent to prospective students: All is done through the website