LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Stress Management Workshop
Welcome to our five-week self-guided online workshop on Comprehensive Stress Management-COVID-19 (CSM). The goal of the CSM program is to provide a holistic and preventative approach in addressing stress-related to COVID-19. The CSM program can also equip you with the tools and skills necessary to face situations that make you feel stressed.
- The purpose of the CSM program is NOT to provide any medical information or health recommendations for COVID-19. You can find important information on COVID-19 on the CDC Website
- The GVSU Counseling Center also provides several resources on COVID-19 and mental health
What is Stress?
Stress is the body and mind’s response to an external or internal event that destabilizes our sense of security. Stress can be a response to both positive and negative events and is highly dependent on how you perceive the situation. While many humans thrive under a certain level of stress for certain tasks, you may find that after you reach higher stress levels that you do not perform as well (LeBlanc, 2009). Managing your stress levels on a daily basis is important to mental health and general well-being.
You may notice some or all of the following symptoms:
- Increased worry
- Irritability or anger outbursts
- Feeling agitated
- Boredom or disinterest in activities
- Changes in appetite or eating
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Muscle tension
- Difficulty with focus or motivation
- Feelings of overwhelm
- Changes in sex drive
- Stomach distress
- Headspace: Exercise mindful awareness, relieve anxiety, and reduce stress
- Stop, Breathe, & Think: This app provides guided meditations to help you breathe and relax.
- Insight Timer: Sleep, anxiety, and stress
- Breathe2Relax: This app has specific breathing exercise to manage stress.