Online Accelerated Bachelor's Degree for Adults
WE'LL HELP YOU BE READY FOR WHATEVER IS NEXT
Whatever is next for you, our LEADS* program will help you take control of your future and reach your goals. We offer adults like you online certificates in specific skills Chicago area employers are asking for and an accelerated bachelor's degree completion program that can help you take control of your future and reach your goals. Best of all, you get all of the academic quality and challenge of one of the Midwest's most trusted and respected universities with the convenience of taking classes from wherever your busy life finds you.
A Degree Made for You
LEADS is a fast-paced, accelerated, online bachelor's degree designed specifically for working adults like you. While there is no such thing as a typical student, this program is perfect for students 24+ years old with two or more years work experience, the ability to do college-level work online, and the motivation to change their lives for the better.
When you're done, you'll have earned a bachelor's degree in integrative studies and a valuable certificate and specific skills in your choice of five relevant certificates:
The bachelor's degree requires 120 total credit hours and we'll work with you to transfer and maximize any credits you already have toward your degree.
Why Grand Valley?
We're Right Next Door. And Right For Adults Like You.
Grand Valley State University is an established four-year public university with campuses in Allendale, Grand Rapids, Holland, and Detroit, Michigan. With our strong liberal education foundation and dedication to hands-on learning, we prepare our more than 23,000 students to thrive in today's modern workforce and become leaders in their respective communities.
Compared to those who have associate's degrees or high school diplomas, bachelor's degree holders have 158,000+ more jobs available in the Chicago area and can make over $37,000 more annually. Plus, Chicago's wage trend has gone up 30% since July of 2021. Our LEADS program and five online certificates – leadership, data analytics, project management, global communications, and business fundamentals – mesh well with the needs of Chicago employers.
You can be confident Grand Valley's programs and degrees are respected and valued in the Region, across the Midwest, and around the country.
Financing your degree is one of the greatest concerns adults have in returning to college. That’s why we’ve set one price for all classes within the LEADS program.
- $500 per credit hour.
- Most classes are three credits, so you can generally plan on $1,500 per class.
- Try it! Like it? Your next class is free! After the completion of your first course, we will reimburse you for the cost of a future one.
Some options to help finance your degree:
- Grants and loans: Fill out the FAFSA.
- Scholarships: Several scholarships are specifically targeted to adult students, and our advisors are happy to help you find these.
- Company deferment: This plan allows you to defer the amount your employer will pay in tuition benefits until the end of the semester.
Session 1: August 29-October 12
Session 2: October 26-December 17
Session 1: January 9-February 22
Session 2: March 13-April 29
May 8-June 21
June 26-August 8
Speak With an Advisor
We know you are busy and we are here to help you get started. Our advisors will:
- review courses you’ve already taken at GVSU or other schools to determine how we can maximize your credits;
- explain the goals and outcomes of the integrative studies degree;
- discuss services and support available throughout the program;
- assist with the admissions and financial aid process; and
- give you a personalized degree plan.
ARE YOU A VETERAN?
Grand Valley has services and support dedicated to those who have served in our armed forces. Plus, Grand Valley was recently awarded Gold Star Status in 2019-2020 by the Michigan Veteran's Affairs agency and ranked 20th by U.S. News & World Report in their "2021 Best Colleges" rankings. Check out our Veteran Complete program to learn more.
* Lifelong Educational Attainment for Determined Students