Referrals to CCPS Undergraduate Academic Programs
When working with students interested in any CCPS major or minor program of study, we ask that you review the CCPS resources available below to provide the most up to date information.
Best Practices for Referrals
- The BSW Program is a secondary admit program. The program begins each fall and is intended as a 2-year, full time program. Please encourage students to meet with CCPS Advising as soon as possible to review candidacy and application timelines.
- View the advising guides we have developed to help students review what is necessary to complete a degree in one of the CCPS programs. The major worksheets also include a section which details minor requirements if a student is interested in adding a minor in one of our program areas.
- If a student decides on a CCPS major or minor while meeting with you, please help them declare it through Banner so they receive communication from an advisor and an invitation to come in and talk with us.
- If you have a question or concern while working with a student, please call us at (616) 331-6890 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help students schedule an appointment with a CCPS Academic Advisor. You have 24/7 access through our online Appointment Management System.
CCPS Faculty Alerts
The advising center encourages CCPS faculty to voluntarily refer a student who may be struggling with attendance, academic, personal, or emotional difficulties, or who may exhibit concerning behavior.
Faculty can submit an alert to the advising center at any time throughout the semester if a student is struggling. “Early Alerts” in the 3rd or 4th week of the semester allow CCPS advisors to intervene and assist our students beyond traditional responsibilities (i.e. registering for courses and checking off graduation requirements).
Thank you for taking a moment to let us know that a student needs help, coaching, resources, etc. We appreciate your partnership and hope this resource decreases the D, F or Withdraw rates!