Virtual Advising During COVID-19
The CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center will be open virtually during the hours of 8:30 - 5:30 pm. All advising appointments will be offered via phone or zoom and can be scheduled by calling our office at 616-331-6890, or by logging into www.gvsu.edu/navigate with your Network ID and Password. We look forward to talking with you or seeing you in a safe and friendly setting! Please feel free to call our office anytime during regular business hours, or reach your advisor directly via email by clicking here!
Advising Services in the College of Community and Public Service
Here are just some of the ways the staff in the CCPS-UAC can help you achieve your degree goals:
- Degree Planning. Academic Advisors help students make informed choices about degree and graduation requirements. They can help clarify curriculum, course content, and optimal course sequences. Advisors will also enhance student awareness of diverse educational experiences to further enrich the academic plan.
- Goal Setting. Academic Advisors can assist students with the clarification of career and life goals; development of decision-making skills; reinforcement of self-direction; and evaluation of student progress toward established goals.
- Outreach & Support. Academic Advisors can assist students with academic support needs through individual sessions, group workshops, and connections with educational resources across the university.
- Policies & Procedures. Students are responsible for their role in the academic process and navigating the university system. Academic Advisors can help clarify university policies and procedures to enhance the student’s ability to participate in the academic process.
- Referrals. Academic Advisors can refer students to faculty mentors, other campus services and student success resources.
Internships and Jobs
As of June 19, 2018, the GVSU Career Center and GVSU Student Employment transitioned from LakerJobs to a NEW online job/internship posting and event management system called Handshake. This state-of-the-art platform will offer you the valuable services that LakerJobs did, but with expanded capabilities. Employers, students, and alumni are invited to visit the Handshake Transition website for key information about this transition, and to create a Handshake account.
March 3, 2021 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Want to learn more about CJ? Join us for a special information session with advisors, faculty and alumni who will tell you about this major and what you can do with it.
March 17, 2021 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Want to learn more about LS? Join us for a special information session with advisors, faculty and alumni who will tell you about this major and what you can do with it.
March 31, 2021 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Want to learn more about SW? Join us for a special information session with advisors, faculty and alumni who will tell you about this major and what you can do with it.