Advising Services in the College of Community and Public Service
Here are just some of the ways the staff in the CCPS-UAC can help you achieve your degree goals:
- Degree Planning. Academic Advisors help students make informed choices about degree and graduation requirements. They can help clarify curriculum, course content, and optimal course sequences. Advisors will also enhance student awareness of diverse educational experiences to further enrich the academic plan.
- Goal Setting. Academic Advisors can assist students with the clarification of career and life goals; development of decision-making skills; reinforcement of self-direction; and evaluation of student progress toward established goals.
- Outreach & Support. Academic Advisors can assist students with academic support needs through individual sessions, group workshops, and connections with educational resources across the university.
- Policies & Procedures. Students are responsible for their role in the academic process and navigating the university system. Academic Advisors can help clarify university policies and procedures to enhance the student’s ability to participate in the academic process.
- Referrals. Academic Advisors can refer students to faculty mentors, other campus services and student success resources.
Internships and Jobs
As of June 19, 2018, the GVSU Career Center and GVSU Student Employment transitioned from LakerJobs to a NEW online job/internship posting and event management system called Handshake. This state-of-the-art platform will offer you the valuable services that LakerJobs did, but with expanded capabilities. Employers, students, and alumni are invited to visit the Handshake Transition website for key information about this transition, and to create a Handshake account.
January 20, 2020 All Day
In celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Grand Valley State University cancels classes so students can take the opportunity to participate in the many events on campus. To see the list of activities...
February 4, 2020 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Come chat with local managers from a variety of hospitality organizations! Get to know the person behind the suit - You never know what you may have in common!! Ask questions about the company, upcoming...