Theatre, B.A., B.S.
The program offers a flexible, practical education in the theatrical arts. It prepares students for careers in the entertainment industry and for careers that require skills in creativity, collaboration, communications, and problem-solving. In addition, the program provides professional orientation and background within a broad liberal arts framework.
The program is flexible, combining a strong core of theatre requirements, multiple elective offerings and hands-on production experience. Students can earn a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree. A minor is also available.
Why Study Theatre at Grand Valley?
- Coursework includes a solid foundation of theatre training taught entirely by faculty members with years of professional experience.
- Students may take courses outside of theatre, pursue a minor, or double major in other disciplines to expand their education.
- Participation occurs at every level and area in theatre production, so students graduate with many marketable skills and experiences.
- The Thomas J. and Marcia J. Haas Center for Performing Arts features the state-of-the-art Linn Maxwell Keller Black Box Theatre for intimate productions, as well as a traditional proscenium space.
- There are opportunities for students to participate in touring productions.