LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Integrative Studies, B.A., B.S. - LEADS adult degree completion online
Grand Valley State University's Integrative Studies degree is designed for adult students and allows you to customize your degree. Classes are primarily online and you'll be able to choose a combination of electives from several disciplines to build skills relevant to your personal and professional goals.
Before you even start, our advisors will help you create your personal academic plan, consider your career goals and help to maximize coursework you've already taken to help you move towards your future.
This is a fast-paced, accelerated program designed to accommodate working adults. Our advisors will work with you to create an individual academic plan based on what you need to take. All classes in this program are 6 weeks and you can take 1 at a time or 2 at a time for 12 credits a semester.
A bachelor's degree at GVSU requires 120 credits for completion, but we'll work hard to maximize any transfer credits to determine if you have some classes that already count towards this degree.
- Core Courses: 18 credits
- Area of Focus: 18 credits
- Contextual Electives: 9 credits
- Application Courses: 5 credits
- Bachelor of Science or Arts requirements: 6-12 credits
Why Choose Integrative Studies at Grand Valley?
- Create an individualized course of study in partnership with an advisor, drawing from courses across the university, resulting in more than 300 majors.
- Flexible degree pathways for adult learners with course formats designed to fit your busy schedule. Plus, many transfer courses count toward degree completion.
- Gain real-world work experience while creating networking opportunities that result in job connections.
- Real-world work experience creates networking opportunities, resulting in job connections post-graduation.
- High-touch, place-based experiential learning opportunities on all of GVSU's campuses - Traverse City, Detroit, Holland, Grand Rapids, and Allendale.