Business Administration, M.B.A.
Grand Valley State University's professional Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) is offered through the Seidman College of Business and prepares students for advanced professional practice by laying the foundation for students to assume leadership roles in societys institutions, organizations, and communities.
The M.B.A. program is a degree of breadth and includes 36 credits
hours earned over a 22 month period.
Why Earn a Professional M.B.A. at Grand Valley?
- Develop talent. Designed for the working professional with two or more years of relevant experience.
- Hybrid delivery. The idea is to maximize delivery by completing 2 courses per semester; one in person and one online course per week.
- Cohort structure. Students have the opportunity to form deeper relationships, increase networking, and achieve their degree together through a learning community.
- Professional development. Students will improve their brand through development of relevant topics identified by employers, students, and faculty.
- Culminating experience. Students will have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and experience through opportunities with study abroad, the Washington Campus, their employer, or sponsoring organizations.
Seidman College of Business Offers
- Seidman faculty members who consult actively with local and national companies. This dynamic exchange keeps students current and connected to the West Michigan business community.
- The Robert C. Pew Campus, where students study in the heart of the business center of downtown Grand Rapids.
- Accredited by AACSB International, the premier business school accrediting organization.
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Ave SW, suite 1031
Application materials must be submitted by March 1 for a July start date and October 1 for a December start. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format: Hybrid
- Core courses in accounting, economics, ethical perspectives, global competitiveness, finance, information systems, leadership, marketing, operations, and strategy.
- Possible prerequisites in business foundational areas. Many students will have completed undergraduate coursework that fulfills some or all of these requirements.
The M.B.A. program serves primarily working professionals and is designed to provide business skills and knowledge to enable students to progress to managerial and leadership roles in their organizations and industries.
“The Seidman M.B.A. taught me to think differently. My business would not be where it is today if it had not been for my Seidman M.B.A.”
PRESIDENT, BLDI, INC.