Business Administration, M.B.A.
Seidman's dynamic graduate programs offer an education of exceptional value and impact for individuals aspiring to transform their careers and lead the businesses transforming our region.
The Professional M.B.A. offers a learning opportunity in the context of everyday business situations over 22 months of study.
What to Expect?
- Program Focus. Leadership skills, strategy, and customer-oriented perspective; learning focusing on the application of business knowledge to real-world issues. 36 credits.
- Hybrid Delivery. To support a work-life balance, students complete two courses per semester by attending one class in person and one on line every week. Students come to class just one night per week, then take the same course on line the following week allowing students to complete twice as many classes in the same amount of time.
- Cohort Structure. The cohort structure is designed for stronger peer learning and professional connections. Students have the opportunity to form deeper relationships, increase networking, and achieve their degree together through a learning community.
- Professional Development. Students receive personalized feedback through a unique leadership style assessment. This forms the basis for reflection. Mentoring opportunities and structured group workshop learning experiences support individual growth.
- Culminating Experience. Students will apply their knowledge and experience through business consulting projects sponsored by area companies.
Seidman College of Business Offers
Collaboration With the Community
Seidman maintains vibrant, synergistic relationships with area businesses, often collaborating on career development and community-based projects to address specific needs or demands. Our strong connections to the community allow us to provide our students with unique opportunities for active learning and practical experience.
Engaged and Engaging Faculty
Seidman faculty members consult actively with local and national businesses. This dynamic exchange helps keep students current and connected through a blend of theory and applied practice.
Accreditation through AACSB International, the premier business school accrediting organization, is a testament to quality. Seidman College is regularly recognized as a top business school, and our students excel in local, state and national educational competitions.
For More InformationSeidman College of Business
50 Front Ave SW, suite 1031
Application materials must be submitted by March 1 for a July start date and September 1 for a December start. The $30 nonrefundable application fee is waived if the applicant has previously applied to Grand Valley State University. Please visit gvsu.edu/gradapply/.
Location & Format
Classes for the program are a combination of online and in-seat downtown on the Robert C. Pew Grand Rapids Campus.Format: Hybrid
- Core courses in accounting, economics, ethical perspectives, global competitiveness, finance, information systems, leadership, marketing, operations, and strategy.
- Possible prerequisites in business foundational areas. Many students will have completed undergraduate coursework that fulfills some or all of these requirements.
The Professional M.B.A. program primarily serves working professionals and is designed to provide business skills and knowledge to enable students to progress to managerial and higher leadership roles.
“The Seidman M.B.A. taught me to think differently. My business would not be where it is today if it had not been for my Seidman M.B.A.”
PRESIDENT, BLDI, INC.