Integrative Studies, B.A., B.S. - adult degree completion online
Grand Valley State University's Integrative Studies degree is designed for adult students and allows you to customize your degree. Classes are primarily online and you'll be able to choose a combination of electives from several disciplines to build skills relevant to your personal and professional goals.
Before you even start, our advisors will help you create your personal academic plan, consider your career goals and help to maximize coursework you've already taken to help you move towards your future.
This is a fast-paced, accelerated program designed to accommodate working adults. Our advisors will work with you to create an individual academic plan based on what you need to take. All classes in this program are 6 weeks and you can take 1 at a time or 2 at a time for 12 credits a semester. Depending on how many credits you transfer from another institution, this program can be completed in as little as 19 months.
This degree requires 56 credits of completed coursework, but we'll work hard to maximize any transfer credits to determine if you have some classes that already count towards this degree.
- Core Courses: 18 credits
- Area of Focus: 18 credits
- Contextual Electives: 9 credits
- Application Courses: 5 credits
- Bachelor of Science or Arts requirements: 6-12 credits
Why Choose Integrative Studies at Grand Valley?
- Students create an individualized course of study in partnership with their advisor, drawing from courses across the university.
- Many transfer courses count towards degree completion.
- Flexible degree pathways with course formats designed to fit your busy schedule.
- Real-world work experience creates networking opportunities, resulting in job connections post-graduation.
- Our program strengthens intercultural and interpersonal skills through collaboration, problem-solving, leadership training, and adaptation.
- Financial Aid
- Study Abroad
- Course Catalog
- Integrative Studies Programs
- Liberal Studies Programs
For More InformationAdult Continuing Studies
Kate Vanderkolk, M.Ed.
718 Eberhard Center
Location & FormatHybrid
In addition to the degree in Integrative Studies, you can optionally integrate any of our four certificates in the following areas into your degree:
- Applied Data Analytics
- Global Communication
- Project Management
Solid writing and communication skills are crucial to any position, and the critical-thinking skills you learn can be applied to any field. Career areas include:
- City manager
- Education administration
- Nonprofit organizations
- Sales and marketing
- Urban planner