STA 215 plays an important role in helping GV students develop their ability to reason and solve problems with quantitative information and become quantitatively literate. The rapid advances in technologies have made it easier to collect and store extremely large amounts of data.
The textbook INTRODUCTORY APPLIED STATISTICS: A VARIABLE APPROACH BY JOHN GABROSEK AND PAUL STEPHENSON has an accompanying website (includes data sets used in the text and an SPSS manual). The main delivery of the textbook is via the web. The textbook is housed at Introductory Applied Statistics. If you need technical assistance with the digital version of the reader please visit Redshelf for a list of frequently asked questions or visit www.redshelf.com/contact/ for immediate assistance).
- SPSS License Renewal
- A free online/app tool Desmos. Investigate this at Desmos
- Tutoring is available at Statistics (Tutoring) Center - The Center website is Statistics Tutoring Center
- Shiny Applets – Dan Adrian has created a suite of applets for investigating STA 215 concepts. The website is STA215 Applets
- 215 Excel file that catalogs the YouTube videos by Becky Bergakker and Jackson Fox
- Big Data -David Zeitler put together a nice website with Big Data datasets. The website is BigDataRepository
- Many data collection activities faculty have done are on the Statistics Experimentation Lab (SEL) website SEL
GVSU Qualtrics Survey Software
GVSU Qualtrics Survey Software Information is available to all GVSU faculty/staff/students as a site license, centrally funded. Qualtrics is a web-based survey creation, collection, and analysis software tool. Can be used for the creation of open surveys, targeted (panel) surveys, and open polling.