LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Welcome to GVSU's Statistics Tutoring Site!
The Statistics Tutoring Center is a place for GVSU students in many levels of STA classes to get FREE help online and in person. Tutoring is done by GVSU undergraduate and graduate students. We are here to help with content, calculators and much more. Bring specific questions and be prepared to participate!
Fall 2021 In-person Stats Center hours
Starting Wednesday, Sept 1, in-person Stats Center tutoring will be available:
- In Allendale: MAK A-2-101 (616) 331-8969
- Mon, Tu, Th 10a - 5p
- Wed 10a - 3p
- Fri 10a - 2p
- Downtown on the Pew Campus: EC 608 (616) 331-6190
- Mon - Th 10a - 5p
Fall 2021 Online Stats Center Hours
Starting Wednesday, Sept 1, online Stats Center tutoring will be available:
Sun - Th 5p - 9p
Click the button below to access the online Stats Tutoring Center (GVSU login is required).
Want to know when Stat tutors are available for your course or for a specific software package?
Click the button below for more details.
Looking for other GVSU Tutoring resources?
- The Stats Tutoring Center is a drop-in center, meaning students are helped in the order in which they arrive. You can make an appointment to meet with a tutor at a specific time through GVSU's Tutoring Center.
- Looking for tutoring for a different subject? Check out this GVSU Academic Resources document.
- Schedule an individual 50 minute tutoring appointment, either online or in person, in advance.
- You can meet once, occasionally or every week.
- Select the tutor you work with each visit.
- Best for in-depth review of course material.
- To learn more about appointment tutoring or schedule a session, click the button below.
Stats Center Drop-In Tutoring
- Visit any time the centers are open - no appointment needed.
- Time spent with a tutor depends on demand.
- Help is provided first-come, first-served basis, so there may be a brief wait.
- We have current textbooks for use in the center.
- There are TI-84 graphing calculators to check out.
- There are computers in the centers to work on (sorry, no printer in Allendale).
- Cool whiteboard tables can be used for easy-to-erase problem solving.
**If you have a more in-depth statistical project you are working on, you want to contact the Statistical Consulting Center in MAK for more information.