The department of statistics through the SCC supports survey based research using GVSU Qualtrics Survey Software Information software that is available to all GVSU faculty/staff/students as a site license, centrally funded. Qualtrics is a web-based survey creation, collection, and analysis software tool. Can be used for the creation of open surveys, targeted (panel) surveys, and open polling.[ GVSU Qualtrics Survey Software Login ]. Click link for Qualtrics Tutorial. All SCC staff are required to sign a confidentiality consent form [CCF].
The protocol for supporting survey-based research is as follows:
Client to contact the statistical consulting center by completing the form at this link:MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Client to meet with SCC staff to go over draft survey instrument.
Client to provide a revised set of questions electronically to enable copying/pasting into the web browser.
Client to specify/explain any special skip logic between questions/pages in the survey instrument.
SCC staff help setup/design survey online using GVSU Qualtrics Survey Software Information and provide the link to client for review and recommend corrections as appropriate.
SCC staff provide the live GVSU Qualtrics Survey Software Login link to client for distribution to their target sample/population OR client provides emails of target population to be surveyed to the scc staff for survey distribution.
SCC staff provide the Qualtrics link to client to download the survey results when data collection period expires.
SCC staff offer client the option of assisting with data analysis.
- Questionnaire Design (Pew Research Center)
- To determine the desired sample size~GPower3
- Please indicate on your IRB application protocol that you intend to use the SCC as outlined above. A quick read~HRRC Guide
- If your research project involves the GVSU population~GVSU Popn for additional information.
- The best way to write good survey questions is to pilot test and re-write. An article appearing in the International Journal of Market Research gives great advice about questionnaire design. A summary of 10 things to look out for are outlined in this YouTube video: Survey Design Video.
- Power and Sample Size Calculations
- Using and Interpreting Cronbach’s Alpha
- ONLINE INQUIRIES (Preferred)
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (616) 331-3355
- Fax: (616) 331-2910
- Office: MAK A-1-178 Mackinac Hall