Unplug with Us
February 24 - March 2
"We increasingly miss out on the important moments of our lives as we pass the hours with our noses buried in our devices." They said it so well. The National Day of Unplugging is March 1-2 (sundown to sundown), so Campus Rec invites you to UNPLUG.
What do we mean?!
- Americans spend an average of 5 hours on technology daily.
- A good balance of time spent on and off technology is beneficial to both physical and mental health. Studies prove that.
- Research also indicates that exercise can improve sleep, decrease feelings of depression, help protect against feelings of anxiety, boost self-confidence, and improve focus and productivity.
- Disconnect from technology and come hang out with us!
With something for everyone, Campus Rec offers multiple opportunities to get involved, be active, and live healthy. Use those 5 "unplugged" hours each day doing something good for you, and just enjoy the world and people around you! Whatever you take away, we hope that you get involved, be active, and live healthy.
Wed, Feb 27
Learn the Facts
We know there are pros; we know there are cons. Everyone's talking about it. So, we did some research and pulled together some data, articles, and facts so you can learn more about it.
Find something you'd like to share with us? Let us know by emailing email@example.com!
Save these cards and share them on your social accounts to let others know you're taking a break!
Share your Story
This wouldn't be a marketing campaign with all the goodies, would it? But, more than that - a good balance of time spent on and off technology is beneficial. While we know you don't need incentives to do what's best for your physical and mental health, it doesn't hurt!
How do you UNPLUG?
We want to hear from you!
- Did you participate in any of our programs or events over the last 2 weeks?
- Did you learn anything new about Campus Recreation?
- How has spending less time on social media or with technology helped you?
- Have you done anything else recently to unplug?
Why do you REC?
Or, maybe you participate with us year-round. If you haven't already told us why you participate in REC programs, services, or events, we'd love to hear from you! Share your story to help encourage and motivate others to keep moving.
Let us know how REC has made an impact on you!
You can also share your story at the below campus locations. Fill out the card, hang it up, take a photo!
"I have found that social media had almost taken over my life. I was missing so many fun and..."
"Officiating sports helps me to unplug from the world and focus on that moment or play..."
"I unplug to focus on what is in front of me and to give my self some time to appreciate..."
"I unplug to reconnect with nature, live in the moment, and remember what I'm grateful for..."
"I unplug to rebalance everything in my life. When everything becomes too much and I'm overwhelmed..."
"Technology and "social" media are making us less social. If you look up while you're walking on the..."