Fitness & Wellness Internships
Fitness & Wellness Internship is NOW available.
Fitness & Wellness Internship
Campus Recreation offers many programs and services that are fitness and wellness related. This is a great entry level opportunity to get applicable clinical skills if you are considering a career in exercise science. Training is provided along with many professional development opportunities.
Fitness and Wellness Services offers fall and winter internships. Applications for fall and winter internships are preferred by July 1st. Hours will be dependent on the internship requirements. Selected interns must be available for four weeks prior to the established semester for training.
Employment opportunities may be available for qualified students upon successful completion of the internship.
- MOV 320 & 321, Exercise Testing and Programming
- MOV 300 Kinesiology
- MOV 304, Exercise Physiology
- Excellent time management, customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in health, fitness, or related field
- Must have health compliance for internship completed prior to start date
- Fulfill health requirements
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Attend scheduled meetings and training sessions
- Provide UFit services to clients
- Perform client intake appointments, health risk assessments, and fitness assessments
- Design individualized exercise programs
- Lifestyle management and goal setting with clients
- Equipment orientations
- Client file management
- Assist with Fitness and Wellness programs, special events, clinics, and presentations
- Other responsibilities and projects are determined by interest and qualifications of applicant
- This is an unpaid position, for academic internship credit
- Support for professional development opportunities such as workshops, training, certifications, conferences and travel may be available based on performance and interest of staff
- Paid positions may be available after completing the internship