Service Changes for Departments Outside of the Division of Student Affairs
July 05, 2023
Over the years, the Promotions Office has been an important resource for many Grand Valley departments. We greatly appreciate your partnership, and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to help connect students and Grand Valley community members to valuable GVSU programs, resources, and events.
As we plan for the upcoming academic year, the focus of our work is evolving. We are working to establish our team as a centralized resource for the Division of Student Affairs (DSA), and we will be shifting to a model where we prioritize services for DSA departments and Registered Student Organizations (RSOs).
While we will try our best to still support departments outside of Student Affairs, we will have limited capacity; we wanted to provide you with this update so that you may start considering other options in the event we are unable to take on your project. If we have already started your project, we will still work to complete it, regardless of whether you’re a DSA client.
As we navigate this new model, you will be able to find updates regarding our current capacity and available services at gvsu.edu/promotions/start.
Non-DSA Departments can expect the following changes to available Promotions Office services:
- We will continue to provide this service, now $10 per batch of posters
- This digital advertising opportunity is still available if you submit your own designs
- We will not be accepting new design projects prior to October 1, 2023
- We may have limited capacity for graphic design projects year-round as we prioritize divisional needs
- Please note: specific date subject to change as we assess our capacity and evaluate our new processes
- We will continue to provide print services year-round
- Please allow adequate time for us to complete your print orders
- Ordering timelines:
- Imprinted items: 6 weeks
- Apparel: 5 weeks
- Buttons: 2 weeks
- Print (paper): 1 week
- Yard Signs: 1 week
- Ordering timelines:
- We will continue to provide the following services in the Kirkhof
Center & Cook-DeWitt Center:
- Event recording
- Event live streaming
- We may have limited capacity for promotional video projects year-round as we prioritize divisional needs
- We will continue to provide the following services:
- Student Headshots (at our office or on location)
- Event Photo Booths
- We may have limited capacity for photo projects year-round as we prioritize divisional needs
If you would like to discuss these changes or have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected].