Who we are:
University Communications is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
- Social Media Management and Consultation
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, UComm will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
University Communications products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNow: Video features like "Around Grand Valley" and daily campus news reports are a part of this online publication.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: UComm produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- Success Stories: These items, located on the Grand Valley homepage, tell the unique accomplishments of students, faculty and staff members, and alumni.
- Sources Guide: This guide is an online topical arrangement of faculty and staff members who can serve as sources for reporters looking for commentary on breaking news stories or subjects for features.
For marketing planning, website development, print pieces, copy style guide or advertising, please contact Institutional Marketing.
The Padnos College of Engineering and Computing has been recognized for its diversity efforts.
The group recently received a grant from an organization that supports the creation of new music.
Deana Weibel has done extensive research on religion and space exploration.
The Charter Schools Office is hosting College Prep Week, which prepares students for college.