Watch how Grand Valley is preparing living and learning spaces for the fall.
Who we are:
University Communications is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
- Social Media Management and Consultation
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, UComm will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
University Communications products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNext: The university's online newsroom and information source, which includes daily campus news reports, a daily newsletter, and multimedia news features. GVNext is also the home to stories about the Laker Effect.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: UComm produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- For marketing planning, website development, print pieces, copy style guide or advertising, please contact Institutional Marketing.
Faculty members who delivered virtual presentations or written articles are listed.
Peter Wampler, professor of geology, led the project that is part of the Making Waves initiative.
Seymour Padnos, one of GVSU's top supporters and chair of Padnos Iron and Metal Co., died at age 99.
Incident Management Team update: New face covering toolkit, web-based self-assessment, virtual campus tours
VisiTOUR uses 360-degree images, videos, audio and text to highlight each stop on the campus tour.
Jill Wolfe has been selected to serve as GVSU's first Military and Veteran Resource manager.