Who we are:
University Communications is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
- Social Media Management and Consultation
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, UComm will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
University Communications products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNext: The university's online newsroom and information source, which includes daily campus news reports, a daily newsletter, and multimedia news features. GVNext is also the home to stories about the Laker Effect.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: UComm produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- For marketing planning, website development, print pieces, copy style guide or advertising, please contact Institutional Marketing.
Seven Grand Valley students will begin their study abroad programs in Australia in February.
Student Senate shared recent accomplishments during first State of the Student Body address.
Craig Wieschhorster has been named associate vice president for Business and Finance.
The National Endowment for the Arts recently approved a grant for the tour.