Who we are:
University Communications is a unit of the University Relations Division. We provide a variety of services and products to tell the Grand Valley story to audiences within the university and those reached through the mass media. Our services include:
- Media Relations/News Releases
- Photography Services
- Crisis Communications
- Media Training
- Event Support
- Live Webcasting
- Social Media Management and Consultation
Approval from an executive officer is required for live webcasting and video services. When a request is submitted, UComm will review the video project and contact the requester for more information.
University Communications products include:
- Forum: A newsletter for faculty and staff members and retirees.
- GVNext: The university's online newsroom and information source, which includes daily campus news reports, a daily newsletter, and multimedia news features. GVNext is also the home to stories about the Laker Effect.
- Grand Valley Magazine: Quarterly magazine for the Grand Valley community that includes profiles, features, research news and news about alumni and campus events.
- Videos: UComm produces convocation and commencement videos, along with special projects, as approved by an executive officer.
- For marketing planning, website development, print pieces, copy style guide or advertising, please contact Institutional Marketing.
Steve Goldberg, a professor of accounting, died January 19.
GVSU mathematics professor, recipient of national teaching award, strives to convey both joy and utility of discipline he considers beautiful
David Austin's award honors educators whose influence goes beyond their own institution.
Mary Ann Keeler died on January 14. She was 95.
Yamiche Alcindor, White House correspondent for PBS Newshour, delivered the keynote address.
Individuals who report receiving the vaccine may still be invited for GVSU surveillance testing.