For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
The GVSU Political Science Department:
- Offers a major (BA or BS), a minor and a teachable minor in Political Science.
- Offers a dual degree: BA or BS in Political Science and a JD from Michigan State University School of Law.
- Is the home department for the interdisciplinary International Relations major (BA) and minor.
Major and Minor Requirements
- Political Science major (BA or BS)
- Political Science minor
- Political Science teachable minor
- LEAP (Legal Education Admission Program). Dual degree:
BA or BS from GVSU political science. JD from Michigan State University College of Law.
- International Relations major (BA)
- International Relations minor
Student Learning Outcomes
February 23, 2020
Outstanding Paper Award Submissions Due by Thursday, March 12
February 10, 2020
Scholarship Opportunities for 2020-21 for Political Science and International Relations Students
February 04, 2020
Student scholarship winners meet with donor Tim Zeeb.
January 20, 2020
Tutors can help with content questions, study strategies, and exam review. Please visit www.gvsu.edu/tc to sign up & request a tutor. WHERE: Tutoring Center 11015 Residence Drive 201 Kliener Commons Or TBD by tutor at an on-campus location
December 20, 2019
Professors Mark Richards and Yi Zhao teamed up for a research project on how the legal concept of the public figure, central to libel cases in the U.S., has now spread to the Chinese legal system.
April 8, 2020 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM
The Global Express is a public forum on global affairs and current events on Wednesdays through the winter semester. Join us on April 8 when Dr. Hermann Kurthen, Professor of Sociology talks about...
April 15, 2020 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
The Global Express is a public forum on global affairs and current events on Wednesdays through the winter semester. Join us on April 15 when Dr. David Alvarez, Professor of English, talks...