The GVSU Political Science Department:
- Offers a major (BA or BS), a minor and a teachable minor in Political Science.
- Offers a dual degree: BA or BS in Political Science and a JD from Michigan State University School of Law.
- Is the home department for the interdisciplinary International Relations major (BA) and minor.
Major and Minor Requirements
- Political Science major (BA or BS)
- Political Science minor
- Political Science teachable minor
- LEAP (Legal Education Admission Program). Dual degree:
BA or BS from GVSU political science. JD from Michigan State University College of Law.
- International Relations major (BA)
- International Relations minor
Student Learning Outcomes
September 27, 2019
GVSU Political Science and International Relations Summer 2019 Internships
September 17, 2019
Weekly Group Tutoring Sessions Available for PLS 102, 103, 105, and 211
September 09, 2019
Beyerlein and Mattler Named Batchelder Scholars for 2019-2020
October 19, 2019 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
On October 19, the Foster Swift will host a free seminar for undergraduate students interested in a career in the legal field. Foster Swift attorneys will present information they wish they had in...
October 23, 2019 10:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Explore your future at the annual Graduate School Fair hosted by the GVSU Career Center on October 23 from 10:30am to 1:30pm in the atrium of Henry Hall. Stop by to chat...
October 24, 2019 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
In an age of expansive executive power, what role do the states play in holding that power in check? Political Science Distinguished Alumni-in-Residence Alan Dunklow will talk about the important...
October 25, 2019 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Distinguished Grand Valley Alumni from the humanities and social sciences discuss the paths they took from college into the real world. They will talk about how the diverse skills they gained through...
October 28, 2019 7:30 PM
As rural workers left their farms to work in factories during the rise of industrial might in the 19th century, a new art form arose that emphasized nature over industry and led Romantic Era composers...