Physics Outreach Activities
Department of Physics faculty members and students engage in different types of physics outreach activities throughout the year. The goal of our department is to promote physics and create interest in physics in high school students. Below is a list of some of the activities our department regularly participates:
Solar Eclipse Event on Aug. 21, 2017 hosted by Dr. Doug Furton of physics:
- Kentwood High School Career Day Center.
- Science is for Girls (since 2000) .
- Upward Bound.
- Science Technology and Engineering Preview Summer (STEPS) Camp
Grand Valley University has taken steps to introduce young girls and minorities to the possibility of careers in science, technology, and engineering through a special summer camp known in short as STEPS camp. Our physics faculty participates in the program every year.
- Tutoring and Physics demonstration shows at local area K12 schools.
- Math and Science Update.
- OMA's KCP Days.
- OMA's Gear Up Days.
- Student Visitation Days.
- Public Schools in-service training.