LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Required Information for Registration
The following is the list of information needed to fully register a presentation for Student Scholars Day. Please have this information available prior to visiting the registration site to avoid error and headache. Information will be able to be updated online simply by using the login feature.
- Name(s) and GVSU student email address(es) of student participant(s)
- Name(s) and GVSU email address(es) of faculty mentor(s)
- Title of Presentation
- Abstract or Artist's Statement describing the project (limit 1000 characters: yes, that includes spaces)
- Desired time of presentation (You will be able to choose the room and time of your oral presentation according to current availability.)
- Type of Presentation (Select one from among the following. Selecting the appropriate type of presentation is extremely important as the type of presentation dictates when and where your presentation will be scheduled.)
- Poster/Portfolio (Displayed all day: presenter chooses one hour to stand by poster for Q&A)
- Oral (20 minutes, including 5 minutes for Q&A)
- Panel (1 hour: a set of oral presentations around a theme where students are collaborating in their presentation, ex. a group of students from one class or research team presenting on aspects of the same topic)
- Session (1 hour: a set of oral presentations around a general theme, but not intentionally linked, ex. a group of students presenting on their research in the PSY Dpt, or a group of students presenting on a general theme such as sustainability)
- 2-D Exhibition of Art (Displayed for about a week and a half: presenter attends Artist Reception on SSD)
- 3-D Exhibition of Art (Displayed for about a week and a half: presenter attends Artist Reception on SSD)
- Film/video (20-60 minutes)
- Live Performance (20-60 minutes)
- Other (SSD will do its best to accommodate)
*If you do not think your presentation fits in the listed categories, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship.
Check back regularly for more information regarding the registration process. Please submit any questions or comments about Student Scholars Day by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org